Monday, August 23, 2010

The Bride Diet Started Today

As this title would imply, most would think the “Bride Diet” was a diet that indicated loosing weight and or toning up the problem areas of the body in order to accomplish looking absolutely picturesque when slipping into that gorgeous wedding gown just minutes before walking down the aisle. My “bride diet” however refers to the $9.86 purchase I made today on my lunch hour at Publix which included a loaf of bread, two jars of peanut butter (they were buy one get one free), a jar of strawberry jam, and four granny smith apples. Sadly enough I began calculating in my head..$9.86 divided by five days this week is approximately $2.00 a day spent on lunch. Not to mention the fact that each jar of peanut butter and jam hold enough substance to make more than five sandwiches, so that’s more days with lunch pretty much already paid for! These actions conclude one of two things, one, I am either extremely economical or two, I am just extremely cheap. I am assuming this is how it will be from here on out until we are finally wed or until I become completely and utterly disgusted of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and can not fathom stuffing one more down my throat. It was funny, the second we got engaged I automatically went into “save” mode and all I could think about was where we can cut back or how much I didn’t need to spend money on something that wasn’t a necessity. So in a nut shell I will be pinching pennies and all proceeds will go towards that one lavish day, is this even realistic? Please forgive me in advance for when your birthday presents over the course of the next year arrive straight from the heart..or to be more blunt, straight from my sewing machine.