Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Asking My Maids

Here is the creative post that I promised would be posted mid-week. Enjoy!

I really wanted to ask my maids in person if they would accompany me down the aisle on my wedding day, but since we live so far away that was not in the cards so instead I tried to think of the next best way. My girls are so special to me that I felt asking them to be in my wedding warranted more than just a phone call. They have been someone to look up to, someone who has lent a shoulder to cry on, someone to laugh with until tears literally roll down our faces, and someone I can count on no matter the situation. The way I asked them was sort of an unconventional method but I hope they will think it to be sentimental and creative rather than lame and cheesy.

I decided to send them each a homemade card asking them to be one of my maids and included a sentimental personalized message in each card. I included with the card a reply card with a self addressed stamped envelope that they are to either accept or decline and mail the card back to me (kind of like a wedding invitation). I also included to each gal a picture frame with a recent photo of us together (See pics below of my creative creations). I think you understand why I couldn’t post this entry until they each received them in order not to give the surprise away. I have received a call from all of them and they were absolutely elated.

I hope this was just one of many creative projects to come over the next year and a half. One thing I did learn about this project was that my creative skills could use some brushing up on. My scissor handling and glue stick skills were not quite up to par so I apologize for any uneven corners or extra glue stuck in the corners.

Here are pics of the cards I sent to my gals! I think they came out real cute.

Front of the cards, and yes I did cut out the blue dresses myself!

The Reply Card

Inside of cards minus the sentimental message

The whole kit and caboodle!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Loved it and can not wait to accompany you on your wedding walk.

Waggles said...

You are sooooo cute!! I loved my package and it was definitely NOT cheesy. I like that you took pictures and posted them too.

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Hey there- featuring this cute idea in my Friday Faves post tomorrow :)

Tiff For Tat said...

Awesome Jaime can't wait to read it! Thanks!!

Tiff For Tat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
HazAlice said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my package!!!!! You are so creative and sweet. You will forever be my sister and I couldn't be happier to be one of your bridesmaids. You are amazing. I have something else exciting for you to post on your blog tomorrow.....it's more press on your beautiful RING!!!!!!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO Kiki

LuLu said...

Wow that was very clever and creative Tiff. You Go Girl!

Kelly said...

Aw, that is so sweet!

Amazing Fabulous Wedding said...

These are so cute and my colors too!! YAY.