Thursday, September 2, 2010

Colors Colors and More Colors

Today was a great day for color ideas. I feel the color scheme is the foundation of the theme and really what makes everything come together. In my head I played around with purples, pinks, greens, and yellows and just couldn’t decide on a color scheme that I thought suited me. Lucky for me, I have a wonderful sister who just planned a beautiful and out of this world wedding that took place this past June and she has already been so helpful with ideas. A couple of weeks ago Whitney had mentioned the idea of navy and pink as my wedding colors. At first I was not so keen on the idea. I am not a huge fan of navy, but pink on the other hand, I LOVE. It is somewhat difficult to really get a feel for color combinations until you actually see the colors put together. First thing this morning Whitney sent me a few links that she had found of weddings where the bride used the navy and fuchsia color scheme. After viewing the photos a couple of times it really started to grow on me and now I can’t seem to get it out of my head. Ideas just keep flowing to my head as to how I can really make these colors pop. I am excited to move into the nitty gritty of all this so I can start to make this happen. Once we determine a venue and set our date, I can’t wait to get more ideas flowing. I already pre-warned my poor mother to get her sewing machine ready (poor mom with two daughters getting married so close together). Lucky for you mom, I am quite the seamstress as well so I will be happy to help!

I posted a couple of pictures below of the pink and navy color scheme that Whitney sent me. I am a little concerned that the pink and navy may be a little too preppy for what Dave and I are shooting for. Let me know what you think or if you have any other suggestions. I am not keen on blue suits for the guys though. Maybe tan? Thoughts??

4 comments:

Waggles said...

I don’t think the colors are “preppy”! They will only look preppy if you make them look that way.

Tiff For Tat said...

I really like the blue and pink striped ties. With a tan suit it may look sharp!

Mary Ellen said...

I love the navy and pink. Very crisp. I enjoy your blog too. Keep up the good work.

Amazing Fabulous Wedding said...

WOW like minds!! So excited I found your blog.