Monday, October 18, 2010

Good Golly Miss Holly

This woman, Good Golly Miss Holly, got me hooked on her cupcakes. At many of our girl’s nights it became a tradition for one of the gals to stop on her way and pick up a plethora of mini cakes from Good Golly Miss Holly for all of us to share. We would divide each cupcake into four pieces so all of us could have a taste of each of the different kinds. Red velvet and white raspberry quickly became two of my all time favorites; I am salivating just thinking about them! They are literally TO DIE FOR. Click here to get a sneak peek of heaven.

Miss Holly’s cupcakes inspired me to think that I might want a cupcake tower at my wedding instead of the traditional wedding cake. I figured since Miss Holly has so many wonderful yummy flavors to offer why not offer my guests that same wonderful experience.

I was just a little concerned that by having a cupcake tower, although beautiful and delicious, if one cupcake appears out of place it may throw the balance of the whole cake tower off kilter, that’s when I started to worry that it would appear to look “messy” for lack of a better word.

I am still impartial to the cupcake tower but if I do choose this route, this is one thing that I WILL find the time to eat at my wedding.

See pictures below of some examples of cupcake towers that I found on the web, although these are not quite my style or color choice these are just some examples.

Has anyone ever seen one up close and personal at a weddng? Opinions or thoughts?



3 comments:

Waggles said...

Can we go get cupcakes here when I vist?!?!?!

Monica Gehllar said...

I love the idea! I wouldn't worry about any messy appearance as the cupcakes escape with a guest...cupcakes and wedding cakes are meant to be eaten! In fact, I'm going to pick some up tonite for enjoying my weekend of solitude :)Yummm is it 5 o'clock yet?? Sweets, here I come!

Tiff For Tat said...

Yes Waggles, absolutely we need to go see Miss Holly when you come to visit.

Monica, you are SOOO right!! Cupcakes/cake ARE meant to be eaten!!!! Thanks for bringing me back down to sweets reality!! :)