I assume planning will kind of slow down until after the New Year. Once we book a band and a photographer then I can start riding the wave in the passenger seat and take it easy. So for now I have been emailing bands to get pricing and information. For some reason bands seem to be a bit pricier down here and I’m contributing that to corporate/Disney events. But from what I have heard from speaking with most of them is that they all seem to be struggling since the economy is so bad so I am hoping we can work something out.
I do have to say that I am a little afraid that Groomzilla and I are never going to agree on a band since Dave’s only request is that they can play “Sunglasses at Night” by Corey Hart…umm WHAT?!?!
I did get a card for a woman that is a singer/songwriter that I heard at a River Bar a few weekends ago when I was there with some girlfriends. She had a beautiful voice (my father may disapprove of her dreadlocks) and I could totally picture her playing her guitar and singing during the ceremony and cocktail hour.
We have a wedding to attend for one of my co-workers in two weeks which I hope will prompt some ideas since this will be my first wedding in which I will be attending as an engaged woman.
We took a 20 mile bike ride today so I am a bit tired. I better get those legs in shape for the dance moves that Dave and I intend to burn up on the dance floor at our wedding!
3 comments:
Please make sure they allow drunk sing-alongs with the MOH.
You bet your arse, I want to sing one FULL song with the band..haha I better start practicing my singing..er screeching!
Sunglasses at Night...priceless lol.
Post a Comment