Monday, July 11, 2011

Messy Addressing

Once again I didn’t get very much wedding stuff accomplished this weekend. I’m still being too paranoid hanging on the fence about just biting the bullet and sending the post card Save the Dates out as is. I brought one with me to a BBQ this past weekend and I asked the advice of a few of my girlfriends who all said to just throw a stamp on em’ and drop em’ in the mail. I think I may just succumb to that and be done with it, then you can all stop hearing me blabber on about this subject! :)

First I have to bring one to the post office to verify the correct postage and that they wont get hung up in the mail (this did happen when I had asked my bridal party to be in my wedding and I had sent a self addressed stamped envelope included in their packages as their response card, well two made it back to me but one was too small to go through the sorter so I had to go pick it up at the local Post Office and pay an extra .20). So you can probably understand why I wouldn’t want that to happen to 100 Save the Dates.


After that it’s addressing and stamping time! OH YEA!!!

I’m only going to do a few at a time because I don’t have the best of handwriting and I really want to personalize by handwriting the addresses and I just can’t fathom spending the money on a calligrapher.

My handwriting.
A little exaggerated to show the full effect. Source

Did you use labels, print your own addresses, or hire a calligrapher to address your wedding stationary??


I'd love to hear from you. Email questions, comments, or photos to blogzillabride@gmail.com


12 comments:

Kristen said...

We are having our addresses printed out by the company who is making our invitations. I have horrible handwriting and I'm too paranoid about addressing them myself and having the post office not be able to read it. Why don't you run the envelopes through your printer with pretty font? That is cost effective as well as neater than hand-writing them!

LesLee said...

I have calligraphy pens if that will help you out!!! ; )

The Vintage Modern Bride said...

honestly i'm thinking about printing ours out on labels. it's not considered "rude" as much anymore and honestly, i hate my handwriting and don't want to waste envelopes because i messed up on the writing. i say stick with labels. that way you don't get your envelopes stuck in the printer either ;)

heidi :) said...

People say I have the handwriting of a computer because it's so "perfect" but I just couldn't see spending all that time handwriting all the addresses... especially after spending at least 60 hours in the process of designing/printing/cutting/gluing/assembling everything!
So, I made a photoshop document and typed each person's name/address into it with matching font from our invitations (and color)- and they are GORGEOUS!!! I should be posting them within the next day or two if you wanna check them out! Very simple!!!!

heidi :) said...

p.s. I printed the names/addresses right on the envelope. :)

Stacy said...

My soon-to-be grandma-in-law and her sister both are calligraphers, so they are doing them. (I really didn't get a choice in that matter.) But if I was to do them myself, I'd be all about the printed labels. They're nice, clean, and easy to read.

Diana said...

We used address labels...I really never caught on to this whole calligraphy trend...I really dont think your guests who get it in the mail care too much either. I couldnt see people like my aunts and uncles saying oh wow look at this writing! :)

The Reluctant Bride said...

I totally used address labels, and I think it worked out just fine. Our guests still loved our save the dates--and we sent them as postcards without envelopes! Any way you choose to do it, I'm sure they will come out great. And of course I can't wait to see them here!

Saying I do said...

I had thought about using a calligrapher, and got some pricing..but in the end, it just wasn't worth it to me. Our invitation lady printed them on her computer beautifully for us, and nobody thought twice about it.

We printed our save the dates ourselves on our computer.

Jasmine said...

We printed our save the date labels on the computer.

When it came time to address the wedding invitations I wanted a calligrapher to do them but it was way too expensive! So, I asked family members who have really nice writing... and they were thrilled to help! :) it worked out really well!

k... said...

There's that laziness thing again..labels for me.

eliz said...

I thought about getting a calligrapher..I have horrible printing. And I hate labels because that means I am going to have to make them...hahaha...well maybe I will do labels...depending on how the budget is going. For the save the dates though I am printing the addresses myself.