Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Bride, You have Been Replaced..

By a Domestic Goddess!

Yesterdays post indicated why I had been so busy lately. We have spent the last few days unpacking and organizing and making our new home a home.

These last few days I have done a complete 180.

From this


To this


At any point along the way did anything cause you to lose focus on planning the wedding?


I'd love to hear from you. Email questions, comments, or photos to blogzillabride@gmail.com

11 comments:

k... said...

The only thing that did that was school. Blech.

The Reluctant Bride said...

Fun, fun! I can't wait to move into our apartment after the wedding so I can become a domestic goddess--finally!

Laura said...

I became a domestic goddess long before the engagement ring. Although I have to say, since then my skills have been lacking. But (mostly) only because I have so much going on.

So to, sorta, answer your question...it's been kind of the opposite for me. Planning my wedding has disrupted both building my practice and cleaning the house. Oh well.

bridechic said...

Designing other brides gowns . . ..

w.e.schwartz said...

My ring has certainly turned me into a wanna-be domestic goddess. I hardly think I'm there, yet. ;)

ErinMSW said...

yeah, since we got married, I'm obsessed with cooking. I've always liked cooking, but I usually cooked easy, pre-packaged, 4-5 ingrediant meals. Now I'm branching out and having lots of fun with cooking.

During the planning, the only time I got off-track was when I was planning/hosting my friend's baby shower! But it was a welcome distraction!

{The Perfect Palette} said...

Yes - I started my site and now business a month after getting engaged so I juggled planning my own weddding and helping hundreds of other brides at the same time. Crazy! Didn't get me off track, but definitely made it challenging to juggle it all :)

xoxo, chrissy
The Perfect Palette

sandytoesbride said...

Congrats darling!! that is so exciting! We bough a house together because it as a better financial move than getting married first. haha. We are backwards, but seem to be on trend too. It's fun to build a home together. ENJOY!

Heather said...

Congrats! When my husband's grandmother passed away a couple months before the wedding, that sadly caused us to loose focus for a while. Luckily, most of the major work was done at that point.

Tracy said...

I'm in the exact same boat! Setting up our apartment has been so hectic that it's been really hard to focus on any wedding related details! After Labor Day I'm soo getting my butt back into gear!

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

um sure it can happen! you'll get back to it once you unpack and such :)