Janelle started with my hair first and did a style that I liked but did not LOVE. I said I liked it and we moved onto makeup. WHY did I say I liked it if I wasn't 100 percent head over heels in love with it?? I have learned over the years that I am too afraid to speak up, its like I was afraid to hurt Janelle's feelings by telling her I didn't absolutely LOVE what she had done to my hair.

Janelle moved onto makeup and I'm not sure if it was me not used to seeing myself in that much makeup before or what but this is where I started to speak up and tell her what I liked and what I didn't like. I got a little nervous at first that I wasn't going to find a look I liked on myself and then Janelle made some tweaks, we took some pictures, I asked for more tweaks, and VOILA we finally settled on a look that I was excited about.
It was then that I got up the nerve to ask Janelle to try a looser hairstyle and so she spent the last 15-20 minutes playing with my hair and doing all different types of easy loose styles while taking pictures of each. That is where we discovered my wedding day hairstyle!! I am so excited that I was able to find it within myself to have the nerve to speak up. I mean isn't that what a trial is ALL about..finding what you like and what works with you?? So why did I feel so bad at first telling her what I didn't like?
Oh boy I wish I could share pictures with you of my hair and makeup trial but Groomzilla would NOT be happy with me. I can assure you I did NOT look like this.

Have you had your trial yet? Do tell..if you don't normally wear makeup did it take a little getting used to seeing that mascara and eye liner staring back at you in the mirror. Have you ever been too afraid to speak up in order to get what you really wanted?
I'd love to hear from you. Email questions, comments, or photos to blogzillabride@gmail.com
11 comments:
I looooved Mimi. I'm sureeee you didn't look anything like her at all. I cannot wait to see what you will look like!!!
boo! i want pics, tiff! lol. but i am SO happy you found your look :) i can't wait to see!
Can't wait to see what you'll look like! :) It took me two trial runs to get to where I wanted to be! Glad you had a good experience! :)
Bahahahaha!!! I literally LOL'd when I saw Mimi! Too Funny. Don't be afraid to speak your mind on how you wanna look....that girl is there for you and wants you to look your best and wants you to look how you wanna look! Remember it's your wedding day! Have some more trial runs if you need to...they are fun!!! But slow down girl....you're gonna be all done before ya know it! LOL! Way ahead of the game!! ; )
Your hair is such a gorgeous golden color. I do want to see the final result. Make up is trickier to get right. A great makeup artist can bring out the beauty so you look natural. Then there are those heavy-handed ones that make everyone look like Tammy Faye Baker . . .
Way to go for speaking up and telling her what you want. I'm the same way when it comes to things for myself, though it's funny because I speak up for my clients and friends in a heartbeat! I can't wait to see the look you chose!
Hahahah @ the mimi picture. Hair and makeup sounds fun. I still don't have to worry about that...I am waiting for my hair to grow longer!
Hahah….soo happy it went well!! I cried after my hair and make-up trial. Hence why Allison did my make-up and I dragged her along to “speak-up” to the hair stylist.
awww man I wish I could see pictures, I'm sure you look gorgeeeous! yes, planning a wedding certainly prepares you and teaches you to learn to speak up. And in the end, as long as your nice about it, nobody cares, they are all there to help you. I had two hair trials and we tried a TON of diff. styles at both.
i had a friend do my wedding hair, and during my first trial i wasn't really into it... but i didn't tell her because (same as you) i felt bad that i didn't like it!
i also thought it should be looser, have more volume and just be more exciting! so during our second trial i made sure to bring pictures and asked if we could try "this". it worked! because she followed my inspiration and when something didn't look like the picture... i just said "hmm, i think the part in the picture is a little more to the left" or whatever...
and on my wedding day, I LOVED my hair. so make sure you speak up! it's your big day and i think for the most part people understand that and want you to be happy! :)
Awesome. SO Happy for youuuuu
Post a Comment