A Long Engagement = Emotionally Draining
While long engagements are wonderful for saving money and allowing ample time to plan, they are a little rough on your stress and emotions. In the beginning of our engagement I immediately jumped into planning what was to be my wedding day in 1 and ¾ years, well now 5 months out I just want it to be here already. I keep thinking that if we had an 8-10 month engagement I would be done with all of this wedding stress already and be well into my married life as a wife. Long story short, somewhere down the line I sort of just lost interest in anything wedding related and that of course included the blog; how awful that must sound given how excited I was for the past year. I can’t even imagine what it must look like to co-workers when they ask how the wedding plans are coming and I just look at them and roll my eyes.
Everyday I kept telling myself to pick the laptop back up, that I was letting my readers down as well as missing out on all my fellow blogging brides and their adventures in wedding planning, but I just couldn’t bring myself to do it.I have been meaning to write this post for awhile giving my
Did anyone else experience a similar situation throughout your long engagement??
I'd love to hear from you. Email questions, comments, or photos to blogzillabride@gmail.com
9 comments:
I think it's completely normal to take a time out from all things wedding. It really does consume a lot of your time and energy.
Though my engagement was just under one year(just 15 days shy) there were periods where I wasn't interested in anything wedding related. I mean a girl can only look at so many flowers, shoes, jewellery, favours, invitations, etc.
Take each day before the wedding as it comes - and enjoy the moments in between.
I had times like that too. We had a year and 3 month engagement. And at first I was excited to start planning and then I pretty much put everything off until 3 months before.
It is completely normal. Take a break for a month and then pick back up.
TOTALLY can relate to this post, by the time we get married we will have been engaged for 2 years! i am so glad you put some of my recent thoughts to words. I have been so ANTI wedding planning/talking lately as well!!
I can totally relate, but try and enjoy it because I missed the planning once it was over! :)
sometimes you need a break from life!! you deserve it. love you.
kiki
www.lillianandalice.blogspot.com
Do you remember my Getting Rid of the Fat Girl Blog. That heifer ate the thin me trying to break free! LOL. It's okay to take a break. We will be here when you are ready to begin again. I still have people asking me about GROTFG. I now direct them to rhoshadenough. Love ya girl!!!
It makes perfect sense! I had a long engagement too and it def. just wanted it to all be over when the time came! You don't have to only blog about the wedding ....write about what you want to write about!
Even though I'm someone who loves weddings, I can definitely relate! I had a 14 month engagement and absolutely had stressful times when I just wanted to be married and on my honeymoon. I agree with Laura -- write about whatever you want!
i totally hear ya. with a 17 month engagement, i'm clinging to find stuff to write about! i missed you though and hope you write again more frequently. it doesnt have to be about wedding stuff, just anything you want!
Post a Comment