My weekend to-do list included searching for facial deals in the area in order to get my beauty regimen on point for the big day..I didn’t find any good ones being offered today and being as impatient as I am, I wanted a facial right this minute! I have never really been the home remedy believer or had the time or patience to whip together egg whites and mayonnaise for an intense hair or face treatment but today, today was different, and these recipes were so easy and most of the stuff we already had in the house, so I said what the hec?!
I have included my easy five step DIY facial process in which I combined together from a couple different websites that I found online which I will include at the end of this post.
- Cleanse neck and face with warm water - I used my everyday facial wash
- Steam - Boil 16 oz. of water with a few flakes of basil (fresh or dried) with towel over your head – I used a pot and hovered over the pot but was sure to stay well enough away as to not burn my face. Steam for a couple minutes or steam and then take a break and steam again. Be very careful and don’t burn yourself.
- Exfoliate - Mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda and water (enough to make a paste when stirred) and gently rub on your face and neck for about a minute. Wash off with warm water.
- Mask – mix together one egg white and a little more than a tablespoon of plain organic yogurt (I used Greek) and rub or dab on your face avoiding your eyes. Leave on for about 10-20minutes. Wash off with warm water and then blot your face with cold water to close pores.
- Moisturize with your favorite moisturizer.
Here are the three websites I gathered my five steps from. One site offers different types of masks for different types of skin types.
Do-It-Yourself Facial That's Practically Free
How To Do The Basic At-Home Facial
Easiest Blackhead Removal Method
Do-It-Yourself Facial That's Practically Free
How To Do The Basic At-Home Facial
Easiest Blackhead Removal Method
Let me know if you have any questions or if you try it and how it came out!
Do you have any home DIY remedies that you live by? Do share!
7 comments:
I love homemade things and what's better than being able to use things around the house?
Josh actually made me a homemade facial (sounds so wrong) a couple months ago from salt water and mud from the beach and some cucumber mashed up with bananas and honey. So strange to have him smearing that stuff on my face, but was very sweet of him and we were laughing the whole time.
i remember while i was living in china that we all sat around doing facials one night. EVEN the guys! so much fun!
xoxo
really cool, that sounds fun.
i've done some of those before but hadn't heard of the mask part - will have to try.
Oh, thanks so much for sharing! I'm always looking for great ideas :)
Oh, thanks so much for sharing! I'm always looking for great ideas :)
Sounds great! I do a mask at home every few days, which helps my skin and also helps me feel relaxed.
Thanks for these totally trying them this weekend!!
Post a Comment