Tonight is the night that I meet my dress again. My dress has been stowed away at my gal pal's house for the last 10 months and I have not laid eyes on her since. Saturday is my FIRST fitting! I don't even know what to expect, I am excited, nervous that the seamstress will say "Oh My! We have a lot of work to do", and I still can't seem to kick that anxious feeling of the unknown of what to expect. Hopefully it will just be easy as pie.
As you remember the dress I did not pick...Sarah Jessica Parker-look-a-like dress that I just HAD to try on for a photo-op (I'm not even sure if I had this on with the right side in front).
Read all about my dress shopping experience here and how I did choose the one..sorry no photos though.
How did your first fitting go? What types of things should I expect?
P.S. We received 4 more RSVP's today!
I'd love to hear from you. Email questions, comments, or photos to blogzillabride@gmail.com
8 comments:
My first fitting was easy!! I am sure that yours will be too. Make sure you take everything that you will be wearing with your dress with you. Shoes, undergarments, jewelry, veil, etc. It really does help the process and you get to see what your full look will be the day of and it is very exciting! Yay for more RSVP's!
I just said yes to the dress on Saturday! :)
Good luck with your fitting! How exciting! its getting closer :)
Shoes are the most important thing to bring so they can start hemming. First fitting= so exciting! Yay for RSVPs!
That dress fit you perfectly I can't imagine you will need much alteration!! Don't forget the veil! Xoxo Kiki
Www.lillianandalice.blogspot.com
Have fun! My best advice is to go in wearing the same undergarments and shoes you plan to wear on your wedding day, and don't be afraid to speak up if you think a change might make the dress too tight, short, etc. You are the one who will be wearing it, and comfort is key! I've seen too many seamstresses (including my own) try to make the dress too fitted without enough breathing room.
Can't wait to read about how it goes!
your wedding is coming so quickly! i'm excited for you :)
I just had my first fitting/alterations appt. this past weekend...there were a few problems but overall it is exciting to see your dress look like you want it to
Post a Comment