Monday, January 9, 2012

Welcome Bags

My newest DIY task that I am concentrating on is welcome bags. Anyone else doing these? I know its just one more thing to stress/worry about but I think its a nice gesture to our out of town guests. I am definitely one to immediately paw through a goodie bag when I first check into a hotel.

Here are my thoughts so far on what to include in the bags:

Directions - including to rehearsal dinner venue and to the wedding venue
Schedule of events and things to do in the area
Granola bars
Bottles of water
Mini bags of chips/fritos/doritos
Gum
Mints
Tea Bags


I bought the actual bags today and will hit Sam's/BJs/Costco for non perishable items in a few weeks. I also will be printing/creating our own personalized tags.

Anyone else doing or have done these? What sorts of things are you including?
Any other good suggestions out there?



I'd love to hear from you. Email questions, comments, or photos to blogzillabride@gmail.com

5 comments:

Lane said...

OOT bags were one of my last projects and our guests loved them! Everybody was so surprised to get something. Here is a link to the ones I made http://murphdogslaw.blogspot.com/2011/04/diy-out-of-town-bags.html.

We got the most comments on the homemade key lime squares we included. They were a hit and very appropriate for FL.

Holly said...

I am considering doing these for out of town guests. All the out of town guests are my family member, so I know how much it would be appreciated.

Heather said...

Sounds like a great collection of items to include! We planned on doing them, but the long-distance aspect of our wedding complicated things and we ended up skipping them. Everyone will definitely appreciate yours!

Tracy said...

I'm definitely doing these- I think it's such a nice personal touch, plus it's not that hard to put together. We haven't thought about what to put in but I am looking forward to seeing yours for some inspiration!

eliz said...

I don't really have any out of towners but this is such a cute idea <3