Saturday, February 4, 2012

It's Shower Time!

My first bridal shower is today! I am nervous, anxious but most of all excited!!! All the people in the same room in honor of little ole me. This is going to be strange for me as I am usually the girl who rarely ever likes to be the center of attention, I barely ever recognize my own birthday and I always feel guilty when people buy or do nice things for me. Perfect example, we received a check in the mail the other day as a wedding gift and I felt so guilty about it that I truly thought about not cashing it and writing this person a heartfelt thanks but no thanks we know times are tight, and appreciate your generosity but we can't accept your gift. Maybe that would have been totally rude?..like we were sending the wrong message of you need the money more than we do? Definitely not my intention at all, I just have a hard time of accepting gifts, I always have.

I guess I just feel like times are tight, weddings are expensive and I already know how much most people are spending on traveling, throwing parties, etc. and I hate to see them foot more to the bill on my behalf.

Am I the only person who feels guilty when receiving gifts? Should I just let it all go and relish in the moment?

Definitely a full recap to come with photos after the shower!!

Sisters for ever at sister Waggie's (center) Bridal shower in 2010


Me and BFF (and BM) Kiki at Waggies shower



I remember Waggie asking us to speed up the gift opening process so it wouldn't take hours, I was untying ribbons and slicing tape before handing them off to her so the packages were easier for her to open, looking back it was probably a complete whirlwind for the guests as they were thinking, did she open mine yet?

I wonder what fun games that gals have planned for me today, I hope nothing too embarrassing!


I'd love to hear from you. Email questions, comments, or photos to blogzillabride@gmail.com

5 comments:

Laura said...

Aw. Don't worry. It all comes back around. I'm sure you give a lot to family and friends. Now it's your turn. Just sit back and enjoy your shower!!!

Heather said...

Have fun today, and try not to feel guilty! Your family and friends know you would do the same for them. I hear you about the center of attention thing, though. I'm also more of a behind-the-scenes girl myself.

Allison said...

Have a wonderful time at your shower! I cannot wait to hear all about it - I hope the games are fun and not too embarrassing. :)

Nikki said...

I hope you have a great time at your shower!

Tracy said...

I definitely get how you feel, I have a lot of similar feelings myself regarding my own impending shower. I am sure yours was awesome though, and I can't wait to see a recap!