Saturday, February 25, 2012

Productive Saturday

Today I had my final dress fitting! I was able to bring my dress home with me, and let me just say, she fit like a GLOVE. I did not want to take her off. I literally hugged my seamstress when I was leaving..especially after she only charged me $230.00 for all her work. Yes, you read that right $230.00! I was prepared for her to say $500 - $700 and when she handed me the bill I looked at her in wonder. She told me I was a cheap date. I guess that was a good thing.? :) I wasn't sure if I was supposed to tip her or not and then felt guilty after. Any ideas on the tipping of your seamstress etiquette?

I also wrapped all of our bridal party gifts, with the exception of our groomsmen gifts, because well lets see, still after all of my nagging to Groomzilla to purchase the gifts, that task is still incomplete. Are all grooms procrastinators or just mine?? Truly, I don't know how he is not tired of me asking for a status update on that, honestly I am tired of hearing myself ask, I sound like a broken record!!

The gifts - I did take pictures of each of the actual gifts for later posts - You will have to wait to see whats inside!! :)


Have a great weekend all, I hopefully will have some time today to catch up on all YOUR blogs. I have been such a bad blogger friend and I am sorry!


I'd love to hear from you. Email questions, comments, or photos to blogzillabride@gmail.com

6 comments:

Truly His said...

It is getting close!!! :) :) I loved getting my bridal party gifts...something special about it.

Courtney B said...

How FUN! I can't wait to see you in your dress :)

Jemima Kickypants said...

I think you do a great job! Blogging that is. Also, I did not tip my seamstress although I did not walk out happy, so... not sure if I am the authority on that. I'm pretty sure you don't tip the seamstress... better check with a more reliable source though. I never wrapped my bridal party gifts, I ended up being the bad bride on that one. I just gave them to them and said "Here you go. Love you!" while my hubby procrastinated till the last possible minute but then wrapped them and got cards and everything! Do not under-estimate the soon-to-be hubby, he will surprise you. And he might want to do it himself. You don't have to take care of that, that's his responsibility and to take it off your plate will help your sanity, because boys PROCRASTINATE! And it will drive you crazy.

Sara said...

Congratulations on your dress! I was ecstatic when I brought mine home and it fit! That was the indication of just how close we were! I can't believe alterations only cost you $200!! I'm so jealous! Mine were over $500! I love the bridesmaid bags, and yeah, no, your groom is definitely not the only one! Mine was the same way!

eliz said...

Yikes time is flying...your day is almost here!!! I hope I am a cheap date to my seamstress too hahah

Unknown said...

For your wedding day, you want to make sure everything is perfect. And one of the things you want to make sure is just right is your gifts and you want to give unique groomsmen gifts.