Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Salad Challenge

As a young adult (early to late 20s) I never really cared to eat salads, I just never craved them.  But as soon as I hit 30, that craving changed completely and I frequently opt to eat salads, and especially love to get creative with making them at home.  Although, I’d say it’s a toss up if the salads that I make are actually healthy or not once I add all the “extras” but to me they feel healthy and the fresh veggies and fruits provide me with a very cleansing and fresh feeling.

So having just returned from a 5 day vacation to Key West for a combined trip of witnessing two friends tie the knot and a one year anniversary celebration (YAY we made it to the one year mark!) where the last five days were spent drinking margaritas, eating really bad food, feeling swollen from the heat, salty food and drinks, and staying up till all hours of the night, my body was craving salads something BAD.

So my salad challenge will be to eat a yummy-riffic SUMMER themed salad for one meal a day for the next 7 days and I will document each salad and the makings along the way!!  This will be FUN!

Day one – Summer Salad
Mixed Greens
Craisins
Sliced Apples
Walnuts
Grilled Chicken - I cheated and used cut up rotisserie chicken
Feta Cheese
Zesty Italian Dressing (Made from the Hidden Valley packet, much better than the bottle stuff)

Pre-Dressing
 Post-Dressing

D asked how long before I start putting Easter Chocolates and Swedish fish on my "creative" salads.  I have to say, I kinda wonder too!


I'd love to hear from you. Email questions, comments, or photos to blogzillabride@gmail.com

1 comment:

Whitney Parks said...

I want to make this one. Looks yummy!