Many couples these days opt to register for a honeymoon rather than for gifts. I suppose this makes sense for those older couples who have been married before and don’t need another blender or set of china to add to the collection. Once you register for a honeymoon and create a website it takes the place of your gift registry. Guests can contribute funds towards portions of your dream honeymoon and the funds can be used towards anything from plane tickets to romantic horseback rides to zip lining through the jungle.Is this just a somewhat less tacky way of asking for money?
FYI – We are not planning on registering for a honeymoon, just thought it was a good blog topic.
So whether your enjoying the sunset in Hawaii..

Or horseback riding through Mexico..

Either way, you BETTER be enjoying yourself!!!
For more info on honeymoon registry's click here.
5 comments:
we love our honeymoon registry with www.depositagift.com i don't see how this kind of registry is any different than saying which kind of dishes you want. it's the guests' choice in the end, but if you don't need traditional things, i think it's better to have them give you something you can actually use and will cherish, vs something you'll just return. to me that seems tacky and just plain wasteful.
Very true Jamie! By creating a gift registry you are still "insinuating" that your guests buy you a gift..so either way its the same.
Thanks for commenting on my blog! When are you getting married!??!?!
I may be old fashioned but I think it is tacky and totally not classy to register for the honeymoon as a gift. Usually the bride and groom get many cash gifts and that is used for the honeymoon.
I still use my wedding dishes I received over 40 years ago and Tiffany I am sure you would like all new things as it will be the last time you get nice new things for your home.
I am indifferent to it. However, I think it is a generation thing and many people our parent’s age would not like it. I think our kids will be able to do it and get away with it, but not us.
I think it is tacky. If a bride and groom would like money for their honeymoon, then that could be what they use cash gifts for. For me, I like to think that a gift I give is for something the bride and groom will have for a long time, or money for the purchase of something for their home or for a home. I would not want to give the new couple money to take a vacation. That is something they should buy themselves.
Post a Comment