Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Non-Wedding Wednesday

I need some help getting motivated to get back into a fitness routine. I have always been one of those bandwagon fitness gals where I join the gym, am totally hard core obsessed for about two weeks to a month and then completely fall off the wagon and return back to my couch potato ways.

The want is there but the drive is severely lacking.

Here are a couple of options I have put some thought into:

Joining a gym again

Upside - paying the monthly payment will encourage me to get my money’s worth and continue to go.

Downside – Once I return back to couch potato routine, getting out of a gym membership is almost impossible.

Meet up groups like meetup.com

Upside – Meeting new people, doing things I love, getting outside.

Downside - Will I ever really work up the courage to attend by myself?

Fitness with Groomzilla

Upside – We get to spend more time together.

Downside – We are too competitive and always end up turning it into a competition; who can walk the most miles, who ran the fastest..loser has to buy the winner dinner, etc. etc.

Create a fitness group of friends to meet up after work

Upside – Spend more time with friends, get to talk more about the wedding.

Downside – We live all over the city and normally anything we do together results in eating and or drinking. It will turn into a daily Happy Hour.

What got you in the spirit of getting into the best shape of your life for your big day? Any suggestions are welcome!!



I'd love to hear from you. Email questions, comments, or photos to blogzillabride@gmail.com

8 comments:

Kristin said...

Do you ever think of doing an at home workout?? I love my DVDs through Beachbody. Its hard to come up with an excuse not to work out when I have the equipment right at home and can do it right in the living room.

sandytoesbride said...

I had motivation to do it for my health the first time I really got into going to the gym. This time around, I have some bestiest to keep me accountable. We live at least an hour away from each other, but we are all doing a 5K in October together. This allows me to train with the hippy at my own pace, but finish with the same goal. Google Kissmyblackass . org for the podcasts we are using. They are great music, plus, it's easy!!!

J and A said...

I workout at home. :)
Try: bodyrocktv.com
Great at home workouts, they are tough but quick! I also love Jillian Micheals dvds. :)

Danielle said...

I workout with my finace. He use to train to be a bodybuilder and he's very hardcore about going to the gym, so in turn.. it makes me go.

Wendy Annabeth said...

I love meetup! Moving from Santa Barbara to San Diego I found meetup was a great way to meet people. Don't be intimated. Most people are usually newbies as well :) Thanks for entering in the giveaway :) xoxo

Diana Mieczan said...

The only thing that works for me is swimming. I wake up on the morning and I go to the pool for an hour. It gives me overall workout and makes me feel great afterwords. You should try it. I think like 3 times a week for an hour should do the trick. Kisses, sweetie

Ms. Lemon Puppy said...

I am terrible at being motivated too so I am probably not the best person to ask. I once read somewhere that you should talk yourself into getting changed to workout and after you get changed if you still don't feel like working out don't do it. I have done this a couple of times... said to myself 'ok I will just get changed' and then I usually end up working out. I think getting over that first hurdle is the hardest part. Good luck!

diana said...

My husband and I worked out together and it was a great way to spend more time together and to motivate each other. I know you said it will turn into a competition but it kind of sounds like fun! :) And the best way without spending money or losing money. Good luck :)