Monday, June 20, 2011

Pickles and Mason Jars

I arrived home from my spa day with the girls on Saturday evening and this is what Groomzilla was up to..

Making his own pickles! Let me preface this with the fact that Groomzilla LOVES pickles, we get the good ones from behind the deli counter at the grocery store and he will slice one up every night after dinner and eat it for dessert...a little weird?..yes I think so too.

We had discussed his little project a few nights before and I was %110 percent on board, not only because I fully supported his DIY project but because he had said he needed mason jars in order to store these pickles. I was psyched, because you all know how much everyone LOVES mason jars. He found a case at Winn Dixie of all places for $11. Total score! I just hope we will find a use for them at our wedding..maybe for some small flower arrangements on the high cocktail tables (hopefully they wont still smell of pickle juice) or better yet homemade pickles as favors!?!

I was more excited about the mason jars.


The finished product..we will be sampling one tonight for the first time!


I'm even surprised Groomzilla has held out this long without trying one, he keeps checking on them in the fridge!

I'd love to hear from you. Email questions, comments, or photos to blogzillabride@gmail.com

11 comments:

The Vintage Modern Bride said...

ahh! that's so cool! tell him to send me some pickles ;) haha. my family loves pickles too so you're not alone.

Ms. Lemon Puppy said...

Yummm! I love pickles too but for dessert nothing can replace chocolate! That is such a fun little hobby for groomzilla and mason jars... score!

jacin {lovely little details} said...

oohh yum!! i will be making some soon too! :)

The Reluctant Bride said...

I love picked AND mason jars! You should definitely incorporate them into your wedding. Perhaps pickles could be your wedding favors! :) We're planning to use them as cups, decorations, and for our favors!

sandytoesbride said...

Oh goodness! Mr. ST looooves pickles too! Let me know how they taste. I'm growning cucumber plants and have about 50 cucumbers going - we want to pickle them. Share the recipe if they turn out good! :-)

The Still Point Photography said...

I love the idea of homemade pickles as wedding favors!! Very unique :) You could put a little tag on them that says "Preserved by Love" or something cute.

And share you recipe :)

Diana said...

Okay I want to know how to make these! And I love that you have a store called Winn Dixie...yes I have heard of them, but didnt know anyone who had them, also heard of Piggly Wiggly!! :)

Mary Ellen said...

So how were the pickles?

Tracy said...

I'm impressed he knew how to do that! How were they?

Karen Pompea said...

Those pickles look pretty good to me!!!! Good job Groomzilla!

Saying I do said...

Wow! So impressive and so cute- I'd love to know how he makes them! And omg pickle favors is sooo original and personal, I love that idea! Hope you both enjoyed them!