Thursday, June 30, 2011

Sign-a-palooza

I worked on a few projects this past weekend/week and I'm very happy with the final results.

I bought the wood, acrylic paint, and paint brushes from Hobby Lobby and got to painting!

It was pouring rain on Saturday and when I get an idea for a project, I am usually so excited that I immediately want to get to work on it so instead of painting out on the porch I laid out some newspaper on the living room floor and got to work. I later regretted this because the dog ran through my “work area” numerous times and got paint on his paws leaving paw prints all over our carpet. Thankfully it came out with soap and water.

Now I just need to figure out a place to display them at the wedding; probably the gift or escort card table.

I am loving this one that I stenciled with our married monogram.


I also have another matching piece of wood and will stencil with our wedding date: 3.24.12

This one I like but came out a wee bit crooked..not sure I will end up displaying this one..do you think anyone would notice that our names are not completly straight?


How I did it:

Painted each piece of wood front and back with two base coats of navy


Cut out and tapped the stencils to the wood with masking tape


Stenciled with Fuchsia paint



I used a little too much paint when stenciling so I went around the edges of the letters with a very fine paintbrush and smoothed out the edges with more navy paint.

In other sign news we received our sign from the giveaway that I won and its beautiful!

Signs By Andrea

Are you making any of your own signs for your wedding?


I'd love to hear from you. Email questions, comments, or photos to blogzillabride@gmail.com

14 comments:

The Reluctant Bride said...

I love these, Tiffany! They came out great! I'm so glad you tried making your own. And I don't think the off-centered names are that noticeable or distracting. If anything, I think it makes your sign look more charming. I love it!

amanda @ twoninenine&ever after said...

I didn't notice until you mentioned it that they weren't 100% straight! I think they look great...well done! And I love that you are like me - when you get an idea in your head you want to start on it then and there! Haha

Looking forward to following your planning process!

k... said...

those are quite nice. Quite nice indeed!

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

awesome job! love the "font" :)

Mary Ellen said...

Impressive Tiff. Very nice work.

The Vintage Modern Bride said...

they both look great! i say use the crooked one. i didnt even notice it until you mentioned it!

Lauren said...

So cute!!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT! :)

Diana said...

I love both of your signs and I think they will both look great at your wedding! I think I might just do this project for our home! :) Were having a giveaway on the blog today! Happy 4th of July weekend!

Stacy said...

I love the " (Last Name)- est. (Year)" signs. My soon-to-be mother in law has one by her front door and I've always thought it was cute. Maybe I'll get one!

Jasmine said...

i love these signs!'

i made some, myself... that i need to blog about! :)

i love the one with your first names and the wedding date!

Efrat Deutsch said...

Great project! These signs are perfect :)

Waggles said...

These look GREAT!

HazAlice said...

Love these.....so rustic and fun! Nice work you little Martha! xoxo

kiki

HazAlice said...

Love these.....so rustic and fun! Nice work you little Martha! xoxo

kiki