Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Sticking with Traditions

Something new, something old, something borrowed, something blue.

I have the something new covered: my dress, my shoes.

The something borrowed: my veil and jewelry

But the something blue and something old…HELP?!

source

I don’t think I will be wearing a garter for the something blue, maybe some blue underoos? But what about the old??

Can two items act as one, as in if one item is old AND blue does it account for the something old and something blue?

What were/are your something new, something old, something borrowed, and something blues???

I'd love to hear from you. Email questions, comments, or photos to blogzillabride@gmail.com

12 comments:

Lane said...

I used my mom's best friends brooch on my bouquet for my something borrowed and something old. So I vote 1 item can count for both. New was my dress, shoes, jewelry, etc and my garter had blue on it.

The Still Point Photography said...

Yes, you can kill two birds with one stone and use one item for two things :) I have always tied a blue silk scarf around the brides leg over the garter (it was borrowed and blue) and its only for the ceremony so you only have to have whatever it is on for a few minutes :)

J and A said...

My blue, I put I DO in blue rinestone stickers on the bottom of my shoe and on the other a J in a heart with the same rinestones. My old was a bracelet I wore that was a pearl necklase my Nana wore at her wedding, and I attached my Gran's little bows to my shoes...

Whitney Parks said...

I wore blue underwear!

Stacy said...

I think I'm going to wear a bracelet that was my soon-to-be-hubby's grandma's and it has blue stones on it, so I thought about using it as both my something old and blue.

However, I getting crap from my bridesmaids that you can't double dip like that, but I think you can have one thing count as two.

Kelly said...

You can absolutely make it count iwth one item. Just don't combine "blue" and "old" in the underwear...!

ErinMSW said...

My old - my grandma's engagement ring was tied into my bouquet; new - dress, hair piece, etc; borrowed - my best friend lent me a bobby pin she wore in her wedding; blue (this is my favorite) - I painted my toenails blue, and had all my girls sign the bottom of my shoes in blue permanent marker.

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

love that you are borrowing a veil! i got my friend light blue lace panties for her bachelorette...something blue!

Diana said...

My something blue were my flowers and my something old was a pin that was my grandmothers. Do you or your family members have any pins or charms that were passed through the family that you can put on your bouquet? For something blue, if you're not wearing a garter I would say go with blue underoos! :)

Ms. Lemon Puppy said...

I haven't really starting thinking about this yet but I guess I should. I fully intend on finding a 6 pence too so maybe that can count as my something old.

Jasmine said...

i'm not exactly sure on how the traditions work but i say however you interpret them... should be perfect!

i'm sure it's fine to use the same thing for different "categories"!

:)

Saying I do said...

It's def. Fine to have one item be for two categories. I wore white underwear with a blue trim around them that said "bride" from victoria's secret for mt blue- my new was my dress, my old and borrowed was my grandma's pearl necklace!