Monday, July 18, 2011

Bridal Beauty Q & A

I started looking around for hair and makeup stylists today and inquired with a few via email and it got me thinking...do I want someone to come to me on my wedding day or will it be easier for us to go to them?

Having someone come to us seems like the more convenient option but will there be enough time for one person to do the hair and makeup for four or more girls? The going to a salon option will probably be a great deal quicker as the salon will have numerous stylists working on us rather than just one. Which option are you doing?

Source

What was/is your pre-wedding beauty regimen? Monthly facials, teeth whitening, more frequent manis/pedis, at home DIY face masks, making a better effort to religiously wash your face before bed?


In preparation for the big day, I'm curious to know if I should be beautifying myself more than I am!!


I'd love to hear from you. Email questions, comments, or photos to blogzillabride@gmail.com

6 comments:

Laura said...

My skin has always been a problem so I've started getting weekly facials. Fortunately I'm able to trade for the service b/c this is not something I would be able to regularly afford, but even without the frequent visits, the products that she has recommended and the regime she's got me doing is really helping me get my skin beautiful for my big day!

Good luck!

k... said...

I'm going to have to do regular mani-pedis to get my hands and feet in shape. I'm still up in the air about the salon. On the one hand it might be quicker in the salon but I just don't trust them.

eliz said...

Oh man I haven't even thought about this...I didn't know I needed to start beautifying myself this early. Gosh I am nervous now. Well I do love facials so I might as well start those...

I read (and ever since have been totally cautious) that when you sleep with your make-up/don't wash your face at night..it can eventually age you 10 years.

sandytoesbride said...

My hairdresser (who I <3) is going to come to my house. Depending on the number of girls to get thier hair done at the house, she may bring someone else with her. I'm also giving the girls that live close the option to see thier own hairdresser. I honestly don't care WHAT they look like that day. lol.

Jemima Kickypants said...

ugh, every time anyone posts about pre-wedding beauty, I feel this big pang of guilt. I'm supposed to be treating my nails morning and night with cuticle oil because my nails are brittle, but I never remember too. Meanwhile my nails are all chipped and breaking off and uneven. I won't even get into facial care... I never remember to wash my face! Ahhh!! I feel so guilty now!!!

I'm having someone come to us, I think it depends on how many people need their make-up done. I have definitely heard that you need to start first thing in the morning to get everyone through hair and make-up if you have a lot of girls, but if not, it will be soooo much easier for you to have someone come to you.

Good luck choosing and beautifying!!

Kristin said...

Oh girl, this is going to be long...be prepared!

I was in the same boat, I wasn't sure if it would make more sense to go to a salon or have the stylists come to us. I did some research and found a place who specializes in on-site hair & make-up and they were WAY cheaper than the salons I was looking at. Then, I started stressing because WHERE would we get ready? I would to the Beauty Lounge (which is owned by the bridal hair & make up peeps) and fell in love with it! So now we're getting ready there...kind of a mix of both options. Check out my post on them here: http://www.busybeemn.com/2011/02/smart-chic-beauty-lounge.html

As for pre-wedding pampering, I have been getting my eyebrows, lip and chin waxed once a month so my facial hair is in order. Then I have a facial scheduled once a month for the 3 months leading up to my wedding. I also bought a tanning package a while back and have made myself a little pre-wedding tanning schedule so that I have some color and a glow but am not orange. I've also been washing my face way more at home and doing an at-home exfoliating mask once a week. And, soon I will be starting my teeth whitening.

Whew. Sorry. That got ridiculous!

(i also am too lazy to check for spelling or type-o's, so I apologize)