Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Bring on that FOOD!

I finally scheduled our tasting today; probably something we should have done BEFORE we booked the venue but I think we were so excited at the time and it was sooo early on in the process that when we found a place we really loved our first words were “Where do we sign?”

Since the venue does on-site catering there was no need to do tastings in order to select a caterer but I’m confident their food will be splendid given that the golf club is managed by Marriott.

Have you had your tasting yet? Did you have a tasting before you decided on the venue? How many tastings were there before you selected a caterer?


I'd love to hear from you. Email questions, comments, or photos to blogzillabride@gmail.com

10 comments:

The Vintage Modern Bride said...

looks like you and i were thinking the same thing. i just called my reception venue and talked to them about setting up our tasting. we shouldve tried the food before booking too, but like you guys, we were just too excited. our reception is at a hilton (i think they own mariott) so we're pretty confident as well. looks like you and i are pretty similar in how we operate! lol

k... said...

I just started to schedule our tasting. It's probably going to be late September/early October so they can get good fall produce in. I'm pretty sure the food will be good. I've heard great things. I booked them way back in 2009 and didn't do a tasting beforehand.

heidi :) said...

Well, we are going with a local pit beef joint that's catering ours... and by catering I mean making the food... we're (and by we're, I mean my dad) picking it up the morning of the wedding and having a friend tend to it to keep it warm over the charcoal pits at our reception venue. Our reception is at a Lion's Club park with pavilions in the woods... so, obviously they don't have a catered. haha-
We stopped in just last week to finalize everything and a meal with chicken quarters, pork bbq sandwiches, and 2 sides came out to about $9 a person! Woot woot!!! I love coming in under budget!!

Lauren said...

Our venue also provides an on site caterer!!! :) I bet your food will be great! Ours was AMAZING! They let us taste everything they offered at our tasting! :) It's so much fun!

{The Perfect Palette} said...

Aw tastings are so fun!! I miss the days of planning! Enjoy!

xoxo, Chrissy
The Perfect Palette

Megan said...

We are doing our tasting in October. Our venue has on site catering as well so we didn't have to go through the process of all of the tastings to decide who we wanted to use. Hope the food is deliciuos!

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

i think i most look forward to the tasting for my wedding lol- have a blast!

Diana said...

We couldnt make it to the first tasting they had so we booked before trying the food too. Glen Foerd Mansion was the first and only placed we actually looked at!

Im sure you will love the food, I hope you have a great time! :)

The Reluctant Bride said...

Yay! I love tasting! Jordan actually haven't had an official tasting, but we're having one of our favorite Mexican restaurants cater for us, so we already know it will be gooood!

Jemima Kickypants said...

We had the exact same experience as you! Our caterer came with the venue. We loved the venue and booked it immediately. We didn't have the tasting till months after, and we were relieved but not too surprised when the food was awesome! Good luck with your tasting!! It was so much fun, I almost wish we had a bunch of caterers to try out.