Did your wedding guest list consist of an A list, a B list, and for those super popular couples, a C list? We definitely have those few that are still on our guest list marked as maybes and I made the executive decision today that they wont be receiving Save the Dates. I wouldn't consider them our B list per say but they are mostly mine and Groomzilla's work acquaintances who we aren't super close with and who we don't really associate with outside of a normal work day.
I decided today that I'm not going to send those people a Save the Date..because..well lets face it, what if I sent them one and then they leave the company..I'd still be compelled to invite them to the wedding as I would be left feeling guilty thinking they still have our STD staring back at them on their refrigerator and they are still indeed saving the date.
I also have some co-workers that I am closer with than others but afraid to hurt feelings by not extending the invite to everyone, and in my office gossip travels fast so it wouldn't be a well kept secret.

Did you have and A list and B list? Did you feel obligated to invite a co-worker in order to avoid hurting feelings?
I'd love to hear from you. Email questions, comments, or photos to blogzillabride@gmail.com
8 comments:
I have an A-list and a B-list,and there are a few on a c-list. But I'm only sending save-the-dates to my A-listers.
There are some co-workers from my old job that I thought I would be inviting but as time has gone by (I left in December) we have already lost touch and I longer feel compelled to have them share my day with me.
I think it only makes sense to send save-the-dates to folks you know will be in your life come wedding time.
I don't have B-list. The list is the list, mostly because of laziness. I just couldn't be bothered to put people into different categories.
Like you, I wouldn't say that we have an official B list, but there are definitely people on our "maybe" list. It's mostly plus ones for some of our friends who weren't in relationships when we sent out our save the dates. In an ideal world, we'd love to give everyone a plus one, but like you, we didn't want to feel obligated to invite a person who we're not super close to if things in the relationship don't work out. For now, we're taking things on a case-by-case basis and depending on how many declines we receive, we can start inviting the "maybe" people.
We didn't have a B-list. I invited a few of my coworkers who I see regularly outside of work for social reasons. Other people wanted to be pissed off? Tough. If I don't CHOOSE to hang out with you outside of work, then I'm not going to CHOOSE to spend $60+ on your dinner. That's how I looked at it. Mean? Probably. Sanity-saving? Definitely.
I think you made a good choice. In an effort to keep our guest list at under 100, we had A, B and C lists. We sent save-the-dates to the A list and actually ended up deciding not to invite anyone off the C list.
We had an A and B list. We wanted to invite many on the B list but because we had a space limit of 150 we had to invite family and GOOD friends first. Thus, as those "A-listers" declined, people on the B list got invited. It worked out well!
Yessssssss. A,B,C,D... we have multiple "groups" that someone can fall into. Since we are paying for this shindig, we want more of our friends there than we would normally feel OK to invite. However, how do I tell my brother he can't have a date? Soooo, we divised several scenarios to help us determine if someone will get a STD. I agree about the work fiasco - you can always just send an invite to them later if you still want them to come.
I think the only people who received invitations that didn't get a save the date was my husband's coworkers...other than that, we had one list.
Post a Comment