
Cooper wasn’t an angel by any means. When he wasn’t lounging by or swimming in the family pool he was most likely stealing the books or clothes of those individuals who were lounging or swimming. He once ate a T-shirt in its entirety which had to be surgically removed. He once ate a ten dollar bill. He once ate just the crotch out of a pair of friend’s underwear which we later joked were “crotch-less panties”. He was notorious for knocking drinks over or stealing napkins off the table at family gatherings. He buried our books and clothes under the porch in three feet of dirt. He stole tomatoes from the neighbors garden. He once received an offer in the mail for a subscription to Playboy magazine (we're still not sure who did that). He ate many a dishtowels, slippers, socks, toys, you name it; he ate it. But after all that, I don’t think we would change who or what he was for a second. He filled our family home with love ever since my parents arrived home from the breeders twelve and a half years ago with that little golden fluff ball donning a big red bow.

Cooper spent many nights protecting our home and waiting up for us on those late summer nights. He was man and woman’s best friend, a companion, entertainment, and a conversation piece. His mischief kept us on our toes and his innocent nature made us laugh and love him more. He wasn’t just our family pet; he was a member of our family.
Loosing a pet never gets any easier, I have never forgotten nor will I ever forget any of the wonderful pets we have lost over the years. They will all forever hold a special place and memory in my heart.
Do me just one favor in memory of Cooper, be sure to give your pets an extra long hug and a kiss tonight when you get home. I know I will.



Have you ever lost a pet? How did you fare?
I'd love to hear from you. Email questions, comments, or photos to blogzillabride@gmail.com
17 comments:
ah I am so sorry. It is so sad to lose a pet. They are like a sibling to me so I so understand. :( Hugs to you and your family.
All the photos are so great by the way. :) So good to have those!!!
Thank you Tiffany for posting this about Cooper. Dad and I are missing him so much. We were not ready to let him go. I guess you are never ready.
i am so sorry about your family dog. we lost our dog a few months ago and it definitely wasn't easy. i'll make sure to hug my dog for you!
I am so sorry. Growing up in a small apartment, I never really had pets other than fish until this year. Now, we have two kittens here at home, and although we have only had them for six months, they have truly become a part of our family. I'll give them an extra special hug tonight in memory of Cooper. He was a beautiful dog!
I'm so sorry for your loss. I understand how hard it is to lose a family pet. My best to you and your family during this time.
Awe...so sorry to hear this. I know it must be so hard for you and your parents. It's never easy letting them go and it's the hardest part of having a pet. Pictures are great thou. They will help keep his memory alive and he will forever be in your heart and your family.
When I lost my cat Sebastian after only 8 short years it was a very hard pill to swallow but time does heal the pain! Remembering the good times helps too. Keep the faith and know he's in a better place now with no pain.
I understand and feel for you. I think I'll have to put down my cat sometime in the near future because he's getting sickly in his old age. But I'll always remember him for all the silly thing that he does. Just like Cooper. It sounds like you have some great stories about him that you can tell for years.
Great post Tiff. I read it last night like 3 times and laughed and cried. I want to print this one out and file it away somewhere.
My thoughts are with you! We lost our beloved Golden Retriever several years ago. He was 16. He was like a sibling, he grew up with me, and he was family. I will never forget him. I am crying just thinking of it :( It is hard to lose an animal, but just take comfort that your family provided him lots of love and a wonderful home and he provided undying love and comfort for you.
So very sorry to hear that :(
Oh no! I have my first prt ever, Charlie Brown, and I can't imagine life without him! I've had him almost a year and he's the cutesy dog ever. Oh, I'm not biased at all. ;)
SOrry about cooper...but it looks like he was very loved and had a great life.
So sorry to hear about Cooper, my family just recently lost Maggie, and there were no dry eyes. However, Maggie was about 16 and we all felt like she had lived a very full, loved life, and that helps everyone smile at the end of the day. Just like you, I can remember times when I wanted to strangle her but there are so many great things that I miss about her. They are definitely remembered, just like the most cherished family member.
What a wonderful tribute to Cooper and those pictures were the icing on the cake. Cooper did steal my Timex watch - years ago when I was at the pool - and buried it in the back yard near the porch........He often loved the smidges of my lunch when I was there.
He is missed.
What a wonderful tribute to Cooper and those pictures were the icing on the cake. Cooper did steal my Timex watch - years ago when I was at the pool - and buried it in the back yard near the porch........He often loved the smidges of my lunch when I was there.
He is missed.
Couldn't read the whole article cause I started crying, so sad to hear about your doggie, I know how special they are to us!
Post a Comment