Friday, August 26, 2011

eShakti - Product Review

I received my very first product review request from Jennifer at eShakti. I later found out that Shakti means power in Sanskrit. eShakti therefore means the power of the Net, I thought that in this day and age where the net has become so world widely used how cool is that!?!?

Jennifer informed me that I was allowed to choose any one item of my choice and wow was that a difficult decision considering there were so many items I wanted to select. They had the cutest dresses. I settled on this fun green dress because coincidentally that day I had worn a green dress to work and received so many compliments on the color, I suppose I was sub-consciously sticking with the green theme. eShakti offers the ability to custom style or size their clothing to your body type. I opted to just take the easy route and since I usually run about a normal size 4 I just ordered the size 4.

I received the dress extremely quickly and the dress in my hands was every bit as beautiful as the dress I saw in the picture on the website. From the first touch I could tell the quality of the fabric was of a higher quality and would be quite durable compared to other dresses I have purchased in the past.



There is a side zipper which made for easy accessibility however, I do have a personal preference for a full zipper up the back as I have a pet-peeve about slipping things over my head, it messes up my hair and I’m really not big on getting deodorant on my clothes once they come off.

I am a total ruffle girl so other than the color that’s probably what totally drew me to this dress. Although since I am a bit busty up top sometimes ruffles can accentuate in the wrong places and I appear even bustier, (usually not my intentions at all.) I think because the ruffles were all the way down to the midsection did not accentuate my bust as much as I had expected.

The dress fit like a glove – exactly true to a size four. Honestly this dress could be used as a casual bridesmaid dress in which your girls could easily wear again. And the best part, the dress has pockets!!!

I was certainly surprised by the affordability of the beautiful dresses and clothes on eShakti. I already have a few more dresses on the site that I have my eye on for once we get closer to wedding festivities, i.e. bachy party, bridal showers, and rehearsal dinner!!

A few pics of me modeling the dress.




What do you think of me in this dress...is it me?

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!


I'd love to hear from you. Email questions, comments, or photos to blogzillabride@gmail.com

11 comments:

Laura said...

Sooo cute. I love it! Good choice. I'm excited to explore this eShakti shop!!

Beth said...

I love eShakti! I bought my dress for my bridal shower from them, and since my proportions are so weird, I took advantage of the ability to have them customize the dress to my measurements. It fit perfectly, and I love it.

Your dress is fantastic--the ruffles are awesome!

The Vintage Modern Bride said...

i love the dress you chose! i definitely have been eyeing their site lately. i love that you can customize your dress to your measurements too. it's awesome!

amanda @ twoninenine&ever after said...

Oh their site is lovely and there are so many pieces I would buy...BUT they don't ship internationally :( I'll keep an eye out, maybe one day they will!

The Reluctant Bride said...

You look adorable in that dress! Love it!

Heather said...

I love it and am excited to check out this line! Great review!

HazAlice said...

cute, T. I will definitely check out this site!

{The Perfect Palette} said...

such a great shade of green :)

xo, chrissy
The Perfect Palette

Diana said...

What a great color, I love the ruffles too. It looks great on you! Im guessing you get to keep the dress? If so, what a great idea to review products you get to keep! I hope you had a nice weekend! <3 PS Happy Birthday and congrats on your candle win from The Perfect Palette.

Saying I do said...

that dress is sooo cute! I've heard of eshakti before and I LOVE their site esp. their dresses! Great choice :)

Whitney Parks said...

Looks great on you!!!