Monday, August 22, 2011

Our First Home Together

I know I have been MIA on the blogger this past week and that is because we decided to move on from apartment life and move into a bigger space for our little family (Me, Groomzilla, and this adorable little guy.)

It all happened so fast when last Monday on my way to work I saw a for rent sign and made a mental note to drive by the house and call the number on my way home from work. Here a week later; we are all moved in!

I know the title of this post is somewhat deceiving as Groomzilla and I have lived together in our apartment for the past 3.5 years but this is our first real home together. I lived with my roommate and when she moved to North Carolina with her boyfriend, Groomzilla moved into my apartment. The apartment was already set up with all my furniture and belongings and I just kinda made room for Groomzilla. But this is our first real place that we get to set up and create together and call home.

We are having so much fun organizing and putting things in their correct spot. We have sooo much extra space now that I don’t even know what to do with it all. We have deemed one room “the wedding room” for all our wedding supplies and anything wedding related and I also have a craft room where I can keep my sewing supplies and sewing machine set up all the time!

Jack is loving it too, so far he has fallen in the pool


Was so exhausted from moving all day that he fell asleep on one of the couches and we literally just moved the couch with him on it


and he has made friends with all the new friendly neighborhood pets (peacocks who roam the area).


Did you live with your now husband/fiancé before you were married or engaged? Did one move in with the other or did you create your first home together as a couple?


I'd love to hear from you. Email questions, comments, or photos to blogzillabride@gmail.com

13 comments:

Megan said...

You know whats funny? We have that same couch! Haha! We have been living together for a little over a year now. His parents weren't too fond of it at first, but they soon realized it was one of our only options! I am jealous that you have a wedding room. I wish! I hope that you love your new place!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the house...love the pool and your doggie!! I love the look of your couch too! We lived in an apartment together when we got engaged and now we live in a house together after we got married! It just happened that way. Im glad you have extra room, so do we and its so nice. Yay for the craft room...I have my own too, finally! :) I LOVE IT! I hope you had a great weekend!

Karen said...

Congratulations the house looks amazing! We are in the process of buying our first house together at the moment, can't wait to move in to our own home!

Lane said...

Congrats! So jealous of that pool you have! We are just in a townhouse right now. Hoping for a house in a year or two.

Whitney Parks said...

I am so excited for you!! I really cant wait to see the place in September.

Heather said...

Congratulations! We started living together in our apartment about three years ago with the expectation that we'd get engaged soon. Now, here we are married and still living in the same place, which we love and think is actually pretty spacious for a DC-area apartment. We hope to eventually head back to the West Coast and buy a home in the next couple years.

The Vintage Modern Bride said...

congrats on your new place! i cant wait to see more pics of it :) also, yeah i live with mathew, but it's not how you'd think. i moved in with his family one summer (they have a spare bedroom) and never looked back! however, once we're married we're going to move out. that'd be just a TAD awkward!

April Rowell said...

Yay for you! How fun! We lived together for about two months before we got married in the worlds smallest apartment. About 6 months after we were married we decided to build our first home in a new neighborhood. Now we are looking forward to upgrading in the next few years. We have no kids yet we have already outgrown this house. :-/

HazAlice said...

So excited for you two! Can't wait to see the place in a couple weeks!! YeAy!

eliz said...

Jealous of your pool...but then again Midwest summer is like almost over.
My fiance and I have lived together for over two years now. (we been engaged for over a year too). I hate our little apartment...but we will start house hunting in the spring (I am nervous about being a homeowner)

Monica Gehllar said...

Can't wait to see the wedding room ~ AWESOME

Saying I do said...

how awesome! congratulations!! I lived with Chris for a year and a half before our wedding in an apt. in his parent's house. Now his parents moved out to another house and we moved upstairs to the house they used to live in! I was worried it wouldn't feel like "ours" but we have done a good job of making it our home!

Kelly said...

Congratulations! How exciting! You are real "grown ups" now! (With a pool! Jealous, Florida girl!)