Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Register..Its your WISH LIST!

Groomzilla and I registered this past weekend which I had heard from others that registering can be exhausting so we set aside the entire day to complete this task. I had also mentally prepared Groomzilla for this daunting task as well. We started off the day at Bed Bath and Beyond, the store was short staffed so they basically let us go off on our own and shop for our wish list. I gave Groomzilla free reign of the registry gun as I knew he would love to shoot and scan, as most men LOVE anything remote/electronic related. And of course he did love it.


We had a blast at first doing the easy stuff: kitchen gadgets, appliances, flat wear, etc. I felt a little funny putting all these items that I want on a list and asking people to buy them for us. I kept telling Groomzilla that some of the stuff was too expensive to put on our registry, in which he completely ignored me and scanned anyway.

Then we came to the bedding and house stuff..this is where I began to feel really overwhelmed and began to shut down. I am challenged to begin with at decorating but how am I supposed to decorate and envision my future house when I haven't a clue what it will look like? We scanned a few "neutral" items and that was it, I wanted to be done.

Next stop was Crate and Barrel..now this was a dream come true. It was like my mom dropped me off at the candy store (I am a candy-aholic) and said "have at it". At this point Groomzilla let me do my thing. Oh I was in heaven, this was sooo much easier. I think I went a little scan happy but what the hec, like the lady at the store said, if you end up receiving the gift, GREAT, if you don't, no biggie, its a wish list.

So ladies they call it a wish list for a reason...because that's what it is!! Be sure to put all price points for items that you want on that list, because..well..you just never know!! And the best advice, just try to have fun with it!!

How did your registry go? Have you done it yet?


I'd love to hear from you. Email questions, comments, or photos to blogzillabride@gmail.com

13 comments:

HazAlice said...

go to town!!! It IS your wish list! xoxo

sandytoesbride said...

HAve at it! No pictures of you??? It can be daunting to decorate a house - start with one room and then move from there - we started with our bedroom. It was easier that way. Not so "whole house" scary.

Stacy said...

We made our registry by doing multiple trips, just so we didn't get overwhelmed. With the shower being this Sunday, the soon-to-be mother-in-law is just now saying "you have really expensive things on your registries"- oh well,to late now.

Plus, like you said it's just a "wish list" no one has to buy anything they don't want to. Just have a good time with it!

Laura said...

I'm totally with you on the decorating. I don't think there will be much decor on my wish list. What I'm really excited about are the gadgets, as I love to cook. I started our registry online but mostly because I was excited. I'll get serious as we get closer and look forward to going to the store. Glad you have fun! Hope you get lots of great stuff!!

w.e.schwartz said...

I have no clue what our registering is going to be like, though I'm already overwhelmed, so I understand what you're saying. Hopefully you all get everything you wanted and more!! :)

Heather said...

I agree with you completely! It's your wish list, and if you get the items, great. If not, oh well. We did most of our registering online, since I get can really overwhelmed pretty easily trying to go through a ton of options in the store. It worked out great, and our friends treated us to some amazing gifts!

Megan said...

I had a hard time with this too! We still aren't finished and putting things on there that are too expensive is one of my concerns too, but in the end like you said it is a wish list so I think I just need to let go and just have fun with it! Glad you had fun at Crate & Barrel!

Saying I do said...

ahh I sooo wish I had registered at Crate and Barrel. honestly I hadn't ever really been in one until recently and I want the WHOLE ENTIRE STORE! Registering is fun and overwhelming at the same time.

Lane said...

Registering was overwhelming for us as well. I think we spent and hour in Macy's and I did the rest online.

Melissa:: Strong Sense of Style said...

Other than picking out my china, I did it all online which was SMOOTH SAILING! Glad you guys had fun!

Jasmine said...

i loved registering. we had so much fun! i was obsessed with adding stuff onto the list once i got home.

be sure to check it often though in case things become unavailable or out of stock! that happened to us :(

but once your shower invites go out try NOT to check it that way you'll be surprised!

Stylish Bliss with MiMi said...

we enjoyed registering! we did bed bath and beyond and crate and barrel!

Waggles said...

Cant wait to see what you picked out!!