Sunday, August 14, 2011

Rehearsal Dinner Stakeout

Yesterday was our tasting at the venue in which we were both pretty excited about the opportunity to try a bunch of yummy food. Our appointment wasn't until 4:00 PM so we left quite a bit early which gave us some extra time to scout out some possible rehearsal dinner locations in close proximity to the venue as well as the hotel blocks. I also wanted to confirm directions to and from the venue from the main interstates for our website and invitation enclosures.

In our travels we found this cute Italian Restaurant which we had a chance to speak to the owner/head chef who said they had just had an episode of Bridezillas filmed in the restaurant just last month (you could tell he was very proud of this..it was cute).


He (Vinnie) was extremely helpful and sweet and I'd be happy to give him our business. Since we are planning on inviting all out of town guests, our family, the bridal party and their spouses to the rehearsal dinner we need to find a place which will accommodate a large party as well one which offers a fairly low price point. I want the event to be a bit more on the casual side since the wedding will be more of a formal event. It will be nice to have a larger rehearsal dinner, it will allow Groomzilla and I a chance to relax and talk to people that we may not get a chance to talk to at the wedding.

I'm going to start looking over the menu this week and get in contact with the owner asap about booking the date and setting up the menu. I will feel even more relieved once this task is crossed off my to-do list!

Have you scouted out places for your rehearsal dinner yet? What was the final deciding factor on making the venue choice?


I'd love to hear from you. Email questions, comments, or photos to blogzillabride@gmail.com

6 comments:

Megan said...

My fiance's parents are hosting the rehearsal dinner and they decided that they just wanted to do a very casual dinner at their place. I think it is a great idea. I think it will be very nice to just relax around their house with all of our family and friends before the big day. I hope that you get everything figured out and that it all works out perfectly for you!

Heather said...

Sounds like a great place! We also went Italian for our rehearsal dinner, and it was a total blast celebrating with everyone and feeling so excited about our wedding the next day.

bridechic said...

You really can't beat Italian food. Do you know anyone whoo doesn't like it? I think it's funny that the Bridezillas were there.

oxoxoxo

Amy

{The Perfect Palette} said...

sounds like a great place. I love italian food!!!

xoxo, chrissy
The Perfect Palette

sandytoesbride said...

Very endearing of Vinnie that he is proud of the filming. Great choice to have it as a more casual affair.

Jasmine said...

we had italian food for our rehearsal dinner but it was pretty casual... we basically left the staking out places to his parents since they were "throwing" the dinner for us and we just had final approval. it was perfect. my favorite part was they had a private room for us and there was an outside patio with tables and chairs just for us.