My sister kept recommending that I register for a few really nice items, that one day I would look back and appreciate handing something down to my children and tell them that mommy and daddy received this from so and so as a wedding gift. At that time I just didn't find it very practical to register for fine china or crystal. I just wasn't sure if we were the type of people to get enough use out of having nice china.
I pondered for quite some time on the idea of one day having a nice set of china and started looking around at some of the more casual fine dining china sets.
Here are a few that I liked:
At first I really liked this one but was unsure of the black accent plate. When I showed it to Groomzilla his first reaction was EEHYUCK!! So that one was out.
This one is a bit more my style and very pretty

But we finally settled on this style by Vera Wang

I really like the look of the classic gold and think it would be perfect when used around the holidays.
What special keepsakes did you add to your wedding registry? Did you register for china?
I'd love to hear from you. Email questions, comments, or photos to blogzillabride@gmail.com
8 comments:
I didn't register for China although sometimes I wish I had. I just don't think I would have used it. I'm hoping to have one handed down to me or to find an old set somewhere. I did receive lots of crystal and that was one of my favorite things. So now each wedding I go to, I make sure to bring something crystal since not everyone thinks about those! Love the set you chose!
Love your choice! We registered for china and received most of it. But both our china and crystal are still in boxes at my parents house.
I'm hoping to host Christmas brunch this year for our china and crystal to get some use.
I love your pick! It's classy and elegant. We did register for some fun southwestern-themed china, which we love.
I did not register for china..and I don't think I will...I did not see anyyyy dinner sets I liked so I went for the only dinner set I saw in black. :-(
We didn't register for any china. just don't have the space. Your choice is great for the holidays.
Love the china pattern Tiff. Guess what? Fine china is to be used any time - just like fine jewelry - one should not keep their good jewelry locked in a safe and your good china should not only be used at holiday time. Use it for birthdays, a Sunday dinner, dinner parties throughout the year, etc. After all we wear diamonds and gold and silver with our jeans and to work - why not use our china - it is meant to be enjoyed and not sitting in the china cabinet until we get our perfect house.
nice choice! i am actually thinking...when it's finally time for my wedding lol...i may not register for china. my bff registered for gorgeous kate spade china though...which makes me kinda want it ;)
Love your choice!
Post a Comment