Monday, November 14, 2011

Messy Wedding Room

Groomzilla recently poked a little fun at me that my wedding/craft room was getting a little messy. I believe he referred to it as a "craft explosion". In my defense I said I was constantly working on projects and unfortunatly it would be like that up until the wedding since most of the supplies will need to say in their boxes until we are able to drop them off at the venue.

I made it a point to organize our wedding/craft room this weekend. The amount of stuff we have in there just seems to keep growing and growing and I imagine it is only going to get worse as we get closer to the wedding.

My quasi organize job...


and on the other side of the room our first wedding gift!


I did open the gift (and already sent a thank you card) but wont be using any gifts until after the wedding, is that the proper thing to do? I always thought it was bad luck to use gifts before the wedding..?? Is this true??

Where did you store all your wedding supplies and gifts?



I'd love to hear from you. Email questions, comments, or photos to blogzillabride@gmail.com

9 comments:

eliz said...

Oh wow I feel like I must be missing something...because I do not have any wedding anything....maybe I should start ordering stuff so I can have a pile too...hahaa what kind of projects are you doing?

Teeny said...

I recently organized our wedding stash as well. It was beginning to become a little overwhelming. :) What kind of crafts are you working on?

Megan said...

I wish I had a room just for our wedding stuff. It is taking over my walk in closet and making it not a walk in closet, haha! Luckily as I have finished things we have been able to take them to my future MIL house and are storing everything there. I'm not sure on the wedding gift thing. We have used our gifts that we received from the shower, but nothing that we have actually received early for the wedding. I hope all of your projects go well!

Holly said...

I dont have a room for all of our wedding stuff, but I did organize and put everything in boxes with labels as to what it is :)

marce @ Wedding Flowers Co. said...

Is always a good idea to have a room so you can have all your wedding stuff organized, it saves a lot of time!

Laura said...

I think I'd do the same thing with any gifts I get. Maybe it's silly but it's just another thing to make the wedding day exciting! I don't open birthday cards before my actual birthday either!

{The Perfect Palette} said...

I love that you have a wedding room. I did too - it was my dining room! My dining room also doubles as my craft area as well.

Whitney Parks said...

How fun!! Your first gift!

Kelly said...

Yay - the first gift! It would be SO hard to not use them. You are a better woman than I!