Monday, December 12, 2011

Dress Length

The shoes that I am planning on wearing for the ceremony are quite high..4 inches to be exact, and I love them. I have just started working on breaking them in (when Groomzilla is not home because he thinks its bad luck if he sees them pre-wedding). I also purchased a pair of flat sandals to change into once this bride decides to grace the dance floor with her MTV-worthy dance moves.

Over brunch this past weekend in a conversation with a girlfriend she asked about my dress length and my shoe situation. "Good Question" I responded.

These are not my shoes but pictured to show similar height.


So begs the question, do I ditch my coveted Badgley Mischkas for the sandals and wear those full time? I'm a little afraid if I do that, I will look and feel like the shrimp that I am. If I have the dress hemmed to the heels and after the ceremony I go from 4 inches taller to 4 inches shorter will my dress be too long and annoying once I hit the dance floor?

And I definitely DON'T want to be doing this at any point during the day!


Anyone else do a tall to short shoe change??


I'd love to hear from you. Email questions, comments, or photos to blogzillabride@gmail.com

7 comments:

The Vintage Modern Bride said...

i had pretty high heels. i think 3.5 inches. anyway, during the ceremony i wore heels, but changed into WEDGE flip flops for the reception. they were PERFECT and i never tripped at all! my suggestion if your heart is set on the sandals you already bought, is to shorten your dress just a TAD. ;)

Kamie said...

I had pretty high heels and then changed into converse shoes and there was not much of a difference- I did have to lift up my dress a bit but I didn't trip it and it wasn't annoying or anything! Do what you want and if you really want the heels go for them!

k... said...

I had three shoes for the wedding. The super high ones, (my dress was hemmed for those) a mid height one and the flats for dancing. I used the super high ones for the ceremony. They sucked to stand in but I made it. I kept changing in and out of my shoes all night. I did the first dance in the tall ones though so my dress wouldn't drag.

Holly said...

I am in a shoe dilemna as well. I dont want to be taller than my groom and Im not really a heel type gal, so Im considering flats.

Heather said...

When you do your fitting, bring both pairs of shoes and ask your seamstress what she thinks will be best. An "in between" length that is not too short for the heels and also not too long for the sandals will likely be best. My dress was a bit long once I changed into flats, but not so long that I was tripping over it.

Saying I do said...

I went from high heels to flats as well..my dress def. got dirty, did drag, and when I watched video and saw pictures I was hiking up my dress wayyy too much. (But I was even doing that in my heels when I didn't need to) I just kept feeling like it was longer than I was. I agree with Heather...bring both shoes and see if you can find a happy medium?

{The Perfect Palette} said...

so much to consider - definitely something important to determine :)