Monday, January 23, 2012

Music....CHECK!

Despite the anxiety I started feeling last night and into today, I am still plugging away at wedding planning. RSVP's have started rolling in. So far we have 4 yes'es! I will unveil the invitations to you tomorrow. I know our up north friends and family only received them on Friday.

As some of you may know I had secured an acoustic duo (which were two of the band members) to play at our ceremony and then they needed to take a break before they joined the band to begin our reception music. This left our cocktail hour completely music-less. I had put Groomzilla on the task of downloading music but I decided I really wanted to have some live music for our guests to enjoy. I remembered awhile back I had gone to a fun outdoor bar with a group of gal friends and a gal was singing/playing the guitar and I loved her and grabbed a card. I called her today, figuring that her still having the date available and wanting to travel all the way to my wedding site to play for only an hour would be out of the question..but NO, it was not, she offered me a VERY reasonable quote and was so excited that I had called.

This is a terrible quality video I found on You Tube but this will be our cocktail hour music!



I have to say I am pumped about this. Groomzilla was mad that I am now taking over his tasks but I said..well if you are not getting them done then I am moving on in!

Hope you all had a fab weekend..were there any last minute music changes for you?!


I'd love to hear from you. Email questions, comments, or photos to blogzillabride@gmail.com

7 comments:

Lane said...

What a great idea! I couldn't watch the clip because my computer is sucking, but I love the idea of some light acoustic music in the background.

HazAlice said...

I can't wait to hear her!! I am sure it will be beautiful! Love you

Heather said...

Sounds like a great idea! Can't wait to see your invites!

Truly His said...

So happy planning is going great for ya'll!! :) It is a wonderful time!

Truly His said...

So happy planning is going great for ya'll!! :) It is a wonderful time!

Saying I do said...

that's perfect for cocktail hour, I love her!! It sets such a great tone for the whole evening!!

Whitney Parks said...

Very cool!