Monday, March 5, 2012

Whistle While you Work

Friday night while the guys were playing in New Orleans, I invited bribed the gals over for a task night with pizza and wine. I supplied the pizza and wine, they each supplied their two very helpful and willing hands. The three of us worked for hours cutting, tying ribbons, sticking stickers, constructing favor boxes, embossing napkins, etc. etc. Unfortunately I did not take any pictures of these tasks, I hope to show at a later date through our professional photos.

Both of my gals were so willing to help and very thankful that I was not whipping out the glue gun and asking them to glue and bedazzle 80 million beads to an object. My tasks were deemed quite simple.

We had a great night, talking, laughing, eating, drinking, etc.

Did anyone help you with your DIY wedding tasks or did you DIY all by yourself??


I'd love to hear from you. Email questions, comments, or photos to blogzillabride@gmail.com

6 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

I can't wait to meet your friends. How great it is!

Jemima Kickypants said...

I wished so much that I could have had my girls over for DIY stuff. They are spread all over, Baltimore, Virginia, and Boston. I was stuck in Philly all by myself :( I had all these visions of assembly line invitation construction that didn't happen because of it. It's lonely putting together all those invites all by yourself :'( But I'm also a perfectionist so maybe it was better for everyone else's feelings that I be by myself...

Whitney Parks said...

OMG...the wedding is sooo close!

Heather said...

It's so awesome to have helpers! My husband helped tackle many of the DIYs, as did my mother-and-sister-in-law, who made the most beautiful aisle bows.

eliz said...

In a few weekends all my girls are coming over (I am kicking the Mr. out) for favor wrapping, ribbon cutting fun. :-) I think it is fun to stay in a do some work with your closest gals...part of the wedding planning memories!

Tracy said...

This is a really great idea. I'm thinking about doing this also- I think it's in little stuff like this where you really make some memories and get to involve people who care about you in the wedding.