The day after the wedding, I literally threw all the wedding stuff from the venue, my dress included, into one of the spare bedrooms, closed the door and we took off for honeymoon. When I returned I had to pick up the pieces and go through all of this stuff. With each item I unveiled from the wedding weekend whether it was my folders filled with documents that I spent months preparing and typing up, a lone set of directions that got left behind in my car, a hotel parking pass, they all made me think back to the most incredible weekend of my life thus far.
Photos by Will Mann Photography
By far the worst feeling was gathering my dirt stained dress off the floor where I left it before honeymoon and stuffing it into a bag never to be worn again. Tears filled my eyes each time I found something from the wedding weekend. For the past year and a half I had put my heart and soul into planning for this one day and it was over in the blink of an eye.
I guess I was irked a little by the fact that something I had so coveted before lay lifeless in a pile on the floor; at how my Badgley Mischkas who I absolutely adored and then wasn't even sure if they made it home from the venue with me, how I had spent months searching for the perfect clutch on Etsy to match the sash on my wedding gown only for the purse to end up thrown in a box stained with salad dressing (whoops messy eating bride).
My wedding day was a whirlwind, I then began feeling guilty that I didn’t talk to our guests more than just a “Hi!” followed with an “ok we’ll chat later!" as I scooted off to say the same to the next person. I don't regret anything or wouldn't change anything about my planning process or how my day went, I just wish I could have watched the whole day through someone else's eyes.
Did anyone have any similar feelings post wedding/honeymoon?
I'd love to hear from you. Email questions, comments, or photos to blogzillabride@gmail.com


6 comments:
I completely understand. And I feel like my memories of the day are already fading away.
However, I have found it interesting to hear my guests stories of the wedding. There were things that happen at the wedding I had no clue about and those stories are pretty amusing.
I had a similar feeling about all the stuff I had coveted for months that became a pile of “junk” after the wedding. I was also very saddened when the drycleaner told me my beautiful Melissa Sweet dress was destroyed at the bottom…. But I still paid hundreds of dollars to have it cleaned and boxed in hopes that some skinny lady (I would never fit in that dress ever again) would want it.
I definitely felt this way, too. Planning my wedding was the happiest time of my life so far, and it still makes me sad to think that it went by so quickly and that I'll never have another special moment quite like it.
It did go by crazy fast right? And you wonder where all those planning hours went! I felt the same, but the fact of the matter is that you put so much into it, that day wouldn't have been half so awesome if not for you and your planning. I gave myself pats on the back as I went through all the wedding stuff. As I relive all the details, I remember everything that I had a hand in creating and it feels awesome. Even though I don't remember little bits and pieces, I know it was awesome, and I'm sure your wedding was awesome too! No more sad!!
OMG I was just telling someone how the past two weeks have been really weird. It is like I have so much time on my hands...I can't remember life before wedding planning!! Our honeymoon is 2 months after our wedding so we are still looking forward to Italy...but I think once we come back I will be emo :-(
I too feel the same way, and I feel like it was all such a whirlwind that all that work and planning led up to such an amazing moment, but it was over in the blink of an eye. I got pulled this way and that way, and before I knew it the boxes were being packed away as my husband and I continued to dance and ignore it because we did not want it to end. There are pictures of us still dancing with people on ladders in the background pulling down tulle. I think I am still getting over the fact that the day is over and is never coming back...
Post a Comment