Thursday, December 30, 2010

Back from Holiday

My apologies for being MIA for the past week but the holidays and snow storm that hit the east coast got the best of me. I am surely not complaining because I cherished the extra time spent with family and friends and know that in 40 years I will not be looking back saying “Darn it! I should have made it to work that day after Christmas back in 2010 instead of spending it with loved ones.”

Groomzilla and I have been saying all along that after the New Year we will kick into high gear with the wedding plans and I intend to stick on that track.

I was able to cross a few wedding to do’s off my list this past week while I was home.

* Asked my brother to officiate the ceremony – I hope he was excited but he said YES!

* Asked my three nephews to be my ring bearers in which they graciously accepted.

* Asked my father to pick a song for the father daughter dance.

* Briefly mentioned to my mother that I may be interested in her making my wedding dress. I hope she was flattered and not burdened by the thought of having to make a wedding dress for me. I realized that a wedding dress hand crafted by my mother would be far more meaningful to me than anything I could ever purchase in a store and I could cherish it forever. I will just have to find the right pattern and hope that I can find something I like.

* Briefly discussed the guest list with my parents.

All in all I got the feeling that people were excited about our wedding in 2012. I know it still sounds so far off but I know it will be here before we know it!!

2 comments:

Waggles said...

I hope you can find a pattern for a wedding dress for mom to make you! That would be great!

Tiff For Tat said...

I know Waggles it would! I wish I could find a pattern that I love.