
One day last week I was reading my SELF magazine and stumbled upon an article that was offering tips on how to motivate yourself with new ways to get in shape and tips on losing those last five pounds. Now I am not looking to lose any weight per say but more looking to just tone up and exercise because as they say, it is good for your heart and also for your health. The article was how to create your own self boot camp with 30 minutes of non-stop circuit training to include, cardio warm up for five minutes, jumping jacks, push ups, sit ups, bicep curls, mountain climbers, etc. All exercises that can be done in the comfort of your living room with a pair of light dumbbells. I thought what a perfect and fun way as I had been looking to join an organized boot camp as boot camps seem to be the new fitness craze, but if I can do one all on my own and at no deficit to my VISA card then I am all for giving it a go.

I mentioned this to Groomzilla hoping he would be interested, I can't say that he immediately jumped into a mad fit of jumping jacks but he wasn't completely opposed to it. We decided we could bring a radio into the indoor racket ball court at our apartment complex and hold our self boot camp in there. I am excited to try this and get started. This is my first New Years Resolution! I hope this is one I will keep and also hope it will pay off by wedding time!
No comments:
Post a Comment