Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Linen Mock Up

I wanted to do a test mock up of the linens at home before we made our final decision. I purchased a navy and ivory sheet from Walmart and dug out some white fabric I had in my sewing collection. I intended to purchase real pink and white flowers so we could really get the full effect but when I went to Publix the pickings were quite slim. I improvised with some artificial flowers I picked up at the dollar store.

Notice the center piece vase and candle votives which two friends at work so generously lent to us to use for our wedding. BIG thank you to them! We just need to remove the candles from the votives from the last girl who borrowed them and we are good to go!

Groomzilla said NO to ivory because he thinks it looks dirty. I'm afraid I had to agree with him and we made our decision to do white table cloths with navy napkins.

I know its a little difficult to differentiate the white versus ivory and I should have ironed my quasi table cloths for the photo shoot..whoops!

First two pictures are with the white, second two are with the ivory.

Do you think we made the right decision??



Ivory table cloth





I'd love to hear from you. Email questions, comments, or photos to blogzillabride@gmail.com

6 comments:

Jasmine said...

I love the white with the navy! it looks crisp and clean! very pretty!

jacin {lovely little details} said...

its going to be gorgeous!! love the clean white with the navy.

Kelly said...

It's lovely!

(You have Publix! I miss Publix SO much. I am insanely jealous.)

sandytoesbride said...

Agree with Groomzilla - white all the way. lol.

Waggles said...

Looks good! I like the navy in the center too!

Mary Ellen said...

I also like the white with navy. Looking good Tiff. My hands are itching to sew if you need me. Love, mom