Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Details: Our Guest Book

I am slightly biased but I absolutely loved our guest book.  I am not even sure how I dreamed up the idea or if I saw it somewhere, but it was fun and creative and our guests LOVED it.

I had put friends and family near and far on the hunt for postcards.  The idea was to have a few postcards from each city/state/area that our guests had traveled from.  D and I had fun finding postcards from our surrounding areas and I think our friends and family did too!  Without them, it never would have been possible! 

Presenting our Post Card Bar:

Will Mann Photography

I'm not sure that if as the night went on the postcards got strewn everywhere due to guests looking for the one they liked best but my vision included all the postcards on the easels 

 Will Mann Photography

BFF and Bridesmaid Kiki wrote out the sign on the chalkboard with her pretty handwriting
Will Mann Photography

  There was also a smaller frame with directions instructing guests what to 
do and to leave the postcard in the wooden box
Will Mann Photography

 Will Mann Photography

I honestly don't remember taking this photo as it was later into the evening.  
I think we are both holding Amish Country postcards because we thought they were funny.
Will Mann Photography

After the wedding and looking at which post cards guests selected and reading our messages from them was so fun and hilarious.  Some guests filled out one, some two or three, and some none :(  I got a good laugh from one on a New Jersey post card that said "Don't get preggers like Snookie". 

Now I just need to figure out a way to display them!  Scrapbook? Or just keep them in the box and D and I can look at them and reminisce on each anniversary?

I'd love to hear from you. Email questions, comments, or photos to blogzillabride@gmail.com

5 comments:

Laura said...

That's so awesome!! What a unique idea...we loved reading our wishing tree tags after the wedding too...some people had such funny and clever things to say!

amanda @ twoninenine&ever after said...

What an awesome idea!!! Definitely something I have never seen before - I love it. :)

Whitney Parks said...

The picture of you and D is really funnuy!!

Tracy said...

I love this postcard idea! I had once wanted to do something liek this but it just didn't fit in our theme, we're not having a guestbook at all actually.

Are postcards the same size as photos? Maybe you could get a photo album to put them in (if you can find one that's see through on both sides)

eliz said...

amaziiiing idea!!!