Monday, September 10, 2012

Great Times in Boston

Although a short weekend it was a much needed weekend of spending great quality time with great people.

Friday night my flight was scheduled to leave at 7:30 PM but as soon as D dropped me off, the flood gates opened and the rain and thunder and lightening came.  Our flight was delayed for 2.5 hours.  Normally I wouldn’t do this but I saddled up to the bar at the Outback and made friends with four others who were also on my flight.

Arrival time to Boston was 1 am.  My poor sister and brother in law who picked me up at the airport in their jammies.

Saturday was a beyond amazing day.  We woke at 7:30 am and BFF Kiki came over with her two adorable little pups.  We took all the pups for a walk and then came home and got ready for a boat day on the Charles River/Boston Harbor!

Cheers to my first ride on the #firstcutboston

 A view of Boston

My first dark and stormy!

A stop at the Intercontinental

We were all #hashtagobsessed with #instagram 

We got home, showered and Waggles invited some of our other childhood friends over to their place where it eventually commenced into an all out dance party in their living room.

BFF Kiki in footsie pajamas and fake weird mannequin hand..don't ask

I must have loved the feel of the soft jams on my skin

Sisters!!

 Once dancing ensued we headed to a local bar and closed the evening out, but not before BFF Kiki, Sister Waggles and I almost broke into every closed pizza place we saw on the walk home.  We were so famished.

Sunday was a hilarious morning of recapping the craziness that we partook in the night before and then we met cousin Marlena and we all headed out for a wild brunch with the boys.

Unfortunately it was then time for me to pack up my suitcase and get ready for my flight home.

I am always so sad to leave.  We had such a wonderful weekend that went WAY too fast.  Next on the bucket list…convince D to move to Boston.


I'd love to hear from you. Email questions, comments, or photos to blogzillabride@gmail.com

3 comments:

Megan said...

It sounds like you had a blast! Glad to see that you had a good weekend!

Whitney Parks said...

Let's add "move to Boston" at the top your bucket list!

Laura said...

looks like an awesome weekend! I want to go out on a boat! top of my bucket list "befriend someone who has a boat"