Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Impromptu Date Night

I got home from class tonight and the last thing I felt like doing was cooking dinner, especially when there was nothing in the house to cook.  I suggested to D that we go out for a bite to eat and he agreed.  We went to this new Cajun restaurant not far from our neighborhood called the Belle Isle Bayou that we have been anxious to try.

We ordered fried pickles as an appetizer...and YUM!

D had the blackened shrimp pasta and I had the BLGT which was basically a BLT but with fried green tomatoes and a special sandwich dressing.  I have been on a healthier diet lately so I am not sure if the food was just really good or it tasted so good to me because I had not had fried food in a while, but regardless it was amazing.

D's Dinner

Had to take a pic of the WHO DAT Burger on the menu for my gal L


There was a Dollar General on the way home and since I have been a Dollar Store junkie as of late for all my craft ideas, I made D take a stroll in there with me.  This Dollar General was like the mecca of Dollar Stores. If D had not been with me, I could have roamed the aisles until they kicked me out at closing time!

I wanted a second wax burner for fall and I found this adorable owl wax burner.  It is already on the stove burning cinnamon wax as we speak.


I also found all these mini figurines for my snow glob creations that I plan to make around Christmas time.  And of course the LED tea lights will always come in handy in my leaf lanterns!


What fun crafts are you working on this holiday season?


I'd love to hear from you. Email questions, comments, or photos to blogzillabride@gmail.com

5 comments:

J and A said...

Yum! I love date night. That owl is so cute. I love $ stores too! So fun.

Megan said...

The owl warmer is so cute! I love the dollar store! You always find such great things in there! Glad you guys had a great date night out!

Heather said...

Yum, that shrimp pasta looks delicious! I am also a huge sucker for dollar stores, too.

Unknown said...

yay for date nights and dollar stores! you make me want to hit up the dollar store too :)

Wendy Annabeth said...

I love the dollar store! I'm actually heading there tomorrow lol