Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Is there Fall in Florida?

While it’s hard to already start thinking about fall in Florida when the temperatures are still hitting 90 degrees on a daily basis, I am anxious to get our house ready for fall and retrieve my fall decorations from their prospective boxes in the garage.

Something about fall makes it one of my favorite seasons, the falling leaves, the intoxicating candle/wall flower/potpourri scents, the fancy pumpkin/cinnamon flavored coffees, the delicious smelling and tasting pies/cookies/cakes, and the smell of the brisk autumn air.  Living in Florida I don’t get to experience these sensations half as much as I did when I lived up north but I can bring autumn to me, right?!

Over the long weekend I had some time to surf Pinterest for some DIY decoration ideas and I am anxious to get those going.  Here are some fall DIY decorations that I would like to try my hand at.

This one seems super easy, in fact all I'll need to purchase is the corn, beans and peas, I have everything else!


I tried a version of this last night, can't wait to share the final product!


I am loving the twine and I even own a whole reel from a wedding project that didn't pan out


I loved collecting acorns and chestnuts as a kid, wonder where I can buy some of those!!


Seems easy enough right?

I also found this fall bucket list on Pinterest which I am definitely going to live by this fall!!  I love Fall...have I said that already?!?!

What gets you in the mood for fall?


I'd love to hear from you. Email questions, comments, or photos to blogzillabride@gmail.com

4 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

I love all of these things. You have put me in the mood to decorate, but it is hot and humid even in CT.

Unknown said...

I'm so ready for fall! I think I may try that first idea! :)

Laura said...

these are great ideas! you've inspired me to try some diy stuff too!!

Whitney Parks said...

I love the new blog look!