Months ago I blogged here about a ring pillow that tickled my fancy. Well as I was on my craft run this weekend (and I was disappointed to learn that the Michaels on my craft route (Hobby Lobby, Jo-Ann Fabrics, and Michaels) had gone out of business! I had to trek all the way across town to hit up another Michaels.) Any way so as I was just perusing the aisles scoping out ideas for the wedding a thought crossed my mind of attempting to make a ring bearer pillow myself. I purchased all the necessary items and Voila! in less than two hours a beautiful ring pillow was produced. I am not the best at describing a tutorial step by step but I did take pictures along the way. It was VERY easy and fun too! Groomzilla was very impressed and told me I should sell them..as if I have time while planning a wedding to sell ring pillows.. :-p
Total cost of ring pillow:
1/2 yard of satin (I used taffeta because it was on sale and looked almost identical) $2.50
Stuffing - with 40% off coupon cost $2.50
Silk flower - on sale for $.99 cents
White ribbon I had in my sewing collection
All the ingredients

The flower head. I purchased a flower and then cut the head off with scissors and easily tied the ribbon around the center flower bud.

Stitched around the pillow inside out but left a small hole to stuff.

The finished product. The flower is slightly off centered but no one will notice. The hardest part was attaching the flower to the pillow.

"Mock up" Mine and Groomzilla's new favorite word around here. A mock up with my engagement ring and a silver band I had in my jewelry box.




I did search high and low for a navy flower but had much difficulty in finding anything that resembled anything I was happy with. I hope my ring bearers wont feel the pillow is too girly for them to carry.
I'd love to hear from you. Email questions, comments, or photos to blogzillabride@gmail.com
8 comments:
So cute!! nice job :)
What a beautiful pillow! You did an awesome job! I agree, when you are done planning you should sell them! :)
Very beautiful Tiffany - what a great idea.
So cute Tiff! I love it!
So cute good job!
Nize!
Good job Tiff! Beautiful.....
so cute!! I'm a new follower, when is your wedding? I"d love to add you to my "blogging brides" page on my blog! info@lauraandchristopher.com
Post a Comment