Sunday, May 22, 2011

Ceremony Tunes

Upon further research into our band I found that they offer an acoustic duo six strings attached for smaller functions as well. I mentioned this to the manager of the band if it wasn't too much for them if they would be interested in performing at our ceremony as well. We were able to work out a deal (for an extra cost of course) for the duo to play at our ceremony as well. At first I teetered back and forth between having a harpist play or the acoustic duo. I finally decided on just killing two birds with one stone and having the band take care of all our musical and sound needs for our wedding day.

The only downside to this is that we wont have any live music during the cocktail hour since the acoustic duo will need a break in between the ceremony and the reception since they are two of the band members. The cocktail hour will just have to have music from the sound system provided by the venue.

I truly hope I made the right decision. I just think having the duo perform as guests are arriving and as our wedding party and I make my grand entrance down the aisle will add an extra unique touch.

I've added some songs to my playlists and have so many to chose from that I am thinking of asking them to perform for our ceremony portion.

What did you have musically for your ceremony??


I'd love to hear from you. Email questions, comments, or photos to blogzillabride@gmail.com

3 comments:

The Vintage Modern Bride said...

i think it'll be perfect! we're having a trio play for our ceremony. i think it'll be great!

Lane said...

That sounds nice! We had 2 violins, a viola, and a harp for the ceremony and cocktail hour. I bet your guests will be so busy eating (or guzzling as much booze as they can, as in the case at our wedding) they will barely notice the music.

Whitney Parks said...

I think this will be perfect!