Thursday, May 5, 2011

Mexican Feast..YUM!

In honor of Cinco de Mayo, I printed off some Mexican recipes and Groomzilla and I headed to the grocery store after work to pick up all the ingredients. I was in charge of appetizers (chips, fresh salsa, and guacamole) and Groomzilla God love him, is now slaving over a hot stove making all the fixins for yummy burritos. I however, as you have guessed am blogging and already SOO full from all the appetizers (can't tell Groomzilla this). Groomzilla and I have a really bad habit of when we are cooking for a special occassion we want one of EVERYTHING, so we end up making enough food for an army instead of just enough for the two of us. If only you could have seen our Superbowl spread.

We are 11 months out from our wedding date, our engagement photo session is next week and the following weekend we are heading to Miami for a weekend of fun and where I will be reunited with my beauty, yes my DRESS! I can't wait to see her again and often find myself looking at the pictures that BFF kiki took of me in my dress when we purchased it. She (it) makes me swoon. Is that sad?? I think its probably normal for brides to be obsessed with their dresses, especially since they have to wait so long until they finally get to wear them!!

Anyone else suffer from this syndrome? Kinda reminds me of the episode of Friends where Monica, Phoebe, and Rachel all wear wedding dresses in a lame effort to cheer themselves up. I could see myself putting mine on just to wear it around the house.





I'd love to hear from you. Email questions, comments, or photos to blogzillabride@gmail.com

3 comments:

sandytoesbride said...

Mexican is delish... I looove burritos <3

It's sweet to hear how much you love your dress. Isn't it supposed to be that way - you obsess over it and dream of it and want to wear it all the time?!?!!? If it wasn't that way, would it really be YOUR dress? :-) So excited for you!!
p.s. - I visit mine about once a month since the lady in the store won't let me order it yet - too early. lol.

Whitney Parks said...

When my dress was at KB's house I loved to go there and try it on!

Kelly said...

You shoul dbe thrilled with your dress - it's good to hear you've missed it(her)!