Groomzilla and I both agreed from the beginning that we were not too keen on the idea of hiring a videographer for our wedding. It wasn’t because of the cost associated but due to that annoying bright light and camera in our faces all night. Not to mention the fact that I am really not a huge fan of watching myself or hearing the sound of my voice on camera. When I hear my voice play back usually follows with “Oh my God is that really what I sound like?”I’m just afraid we will end up regretting not being able to watch and relive our wedding day after it is all said and done. The day will fly by so fast that I will not even get to notice all the work and appreciation that went into my details. I have heard from recently married friends that they felt there was so much love in the room that they wish they could have sat back and watched the day through someone else’s eyes. Is that someone else’s eyes the videographer?
So tell me, will I regret this decision??
How many times since you have been married have you watched your wedding video?
I'd love to hear from you. Email questions, comments, or photos to blogzillabride@gmail.com
8 comments:
I would hire one or even just have a friend. You are going to want to see the whole thing again. I was completely against having one for the same reasons. I am such an awkward person I didn't want to see myself on camera. We had a friend borrow a professional video camera and film and I can't wait to get it back. The day flew by and I honestly remember very little. We are looking forward to being able to relive the day.
And about my centerpieces. My SIL is no longer in the business, but if you are interested in DIY I can tell you exactly what we did. Email me laneandhagin@gmail.com and I will be glad to give you more information
If you are not sure about it you can always ask a friend to film some parts of the day so you can later watch it. Have a great day
Kisses
Ps: I’m hosting a cute scarf GIVEAWAY today! Just in time for summer
We've watched ours three times. And I hate how my voice sounds on camera and I was adamant against shelling out that money for a videographer. So we didn't. We had a friend tape it on my mom's video camera. I feel bad that she didn't get to enjoy the wedding much, but she was pregnant anyway so she couldn't drink.
There are all these little moments that your photographer won't capture, but the video will, like jokes the minister makes. We didn't get that many reception shots from our photographer, so watching the video and feeling like our guests were really having fun was something special.
The video also captures things you don't remember happening. For example: we kissed twice. We kissed, and then we kissed again. I had completely forgotten about the second kiss, until we watched it. Video also just does something that the most amazing photographer can't even capture. (And I staunchly believe we had the most amazing photographer.)
Rob and I have a video camera (not a flip) that kelly parks used at our wedding to film us. If you want to use it, we can bring it down. Maybe a pregnant friend can tape it.
My husband and I were just saying last night that not having a videographer is the biggest regret from our wedding.
My step-dad filmed the ceremony and the first minute or so of our first dance, but the battery ran out. So we have no footage of the wedding party's entrance into the reception, which means we'll never know how exactly they entered, though we know it was entertaining (we couldn't see them). We have no footage of the best man's speech, which I remember loving but don't really remember what he said. We have no footage of the parent dances, so no proof that the lessons my dad and I took paid off.
Hire someone. Or find someone who is willing to tape everything for you. At least the most important parts.
I haven't really watched too much of my wedding videos, just enough to split them up to post them in my recaps. I didn't hire a professional. I had a family friend do it. I didn't notice her recording it at all because she used this thing that was the size of a photo camera. It isn't professional quality of course, but I think it is perfect. I would not hire someone if I could do it over again, but I am glad someone volunteered to do it for me because I do enjoy having the videos.
i'm not having one either but i'm scared i'll regret it too. ahhh! too many decisions!
Just noticed you were a new follower! Thanks! :)
I had so many friends tell me they regretted not having a videographer at their wedding. The day goes by so fast and there's so many family and friends you just don't get a chance to talk to or see. We haven't got our video back yet but I'm sure it wont be something we regret doing. I'll be sure to share our trailer on my blog when we get it in July! :)
p.s. I also hate the way my voice sounds on camera! haha
Post a Comment