Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Centerpiece Mock-Up

Tonight Groomzilla and I went to visit our florist for our centerpiece mock-up. At first I wasn't considering doing the mock-up at all until our event coordinator talked me into it, which now I am sooo glad I did decide to schedule it. Groomzilla had the day off from work so he so nicely accompanied me and then we turned our night into a little date night.

Upon seeing the centerpiece upon first look, I have to say I was not very impressed. I was expecting to see something like this as this was the same exact picture I presented to our florist upon booking.

Murphy's Law

Unfortunately I am one of those people that shows all sense of emotion on my face, I can not hide what I am feeling. Jonathan sensed my disappointment immediately and offered to make some changes. At first he had the roses sticking out longer than the hydrangeas but then he said he could clip the stems down so everything would flush together. After he did this the arrangement looked much better. I also was not fond of the incorporation of the hot pink roses, I just felt my eyes were only focused on those and not the entirety of the centerpiece. Once he removed the hot pink roses, the white and green hydrangeas with only the light pink roses made for a much softer combination.

But now I am starting to doubt the incorporation of fuchsia anything in my and my bridesmaids bouquets. I definitely want to incorporate the fuchsia color as fuchsia is one of my accent colors but I guess I just don't know without really seeing it first hand.

After the mock-up since Winter Park Center was beautifully decorated for Christmas, Groomzilla and I strolled along and window shopped, we stopped in to check out the quasi ice skating rink and then stopped to have a glass a wine and bite to eat.



I also couldn't wait to get home to test the roses that Jonathan gave me against the grooms suit and tie. Groomzilla and I both agreed that we are going with the softer pink for the guys corsages instead of the hot pink which we had originally intended.

Did you have a floral mock up and were you uneasy after going?? Did you make changes to your floral vision that you didn't originally intend for?


I'd love to hear from you. Email questions, comments, or photos to blogzillabride@gmail.com

9 comments:

Megan said...

I didn't even know that doing a mock up was an option, haha! We are doing hydrangeas and roses for all of our stuff too, but we are keeping them all the same color and funny enough we are doing fuchsia. I actually changed my mind to the hydrangeas and roses. I was going to calla lilies and then changed my mind. I think it is pretty normal to second guess yourself. You want everything to be perfect so there is always a lot of second guessing. I can't wait to see what you decide on.

Jasmine said...

i was so confused at picking out flowers! they are just not my thing at all and i know nothing about them! i really put all my faith into my florist... i never saw a mock-up in person. she mentioned a kind of flowers and i googled some images at home haha. but it turned out great. i loved what i got. but if you have a vision... make sure they understand what it is! :)

Laura said...

Once again I've been stressing about my flowers. I have an appointment to meet with my florist while I'm in NY for Christmas. We'll see if they can follow through with my vision.

k... said...

I changed my mind so many times! We did have a mock-up and I wasn't pleased. It made me a bit nervous for the final. The centerpieces ended up being amazing. Just make sure you communicate as much of what you want in pictures and words.

Heather said...

I think it's great that you did a mock-up session and are able to make the adjustments. I didn't do one since I was planning a long-distance wedding, but luckily, my florist matched my vision perfectly, and I was so happy!

Lane said...

I hope they turn out like you want them! I'm almost to my reception recaps completed photos coming soon :)

Saying I do said...

I saw a mockup days before the wedding but luckily I was happy. It's easy to doubt things...you want everything to be perfect and exactly how you envision it...I'm glad your florist was able to make some good changes there right away to make you happier with it. Don't worry..these things always work out. Don't worry or question things too much!

The So-Called Wife said...

I'm sorry to hear about your disappointment! But I think it's great that you met beforehand and expressed your concerns. I'm crossing my fingers that your centerpieces blow you away on your wedding day!

{The Perfect Palette} said...

loving the centerpiece :)