Saturday, March 3, 2012

Showered with Love..again

Yesterday was my work wishing well/bridal reception and it couldn't have been any more wonderful than I could have asked for. I had made it clear that I did not want co-workers to purchase me any gifts for the shower/party, I just didn't want people that didn't know me that well to feel obligated to give me something since of course we could only invite so many co-workers to the actual wedding. Everyone stopped in for cake and punch and even those that I work closely with outside of my building but still within the organization were there to wish me well on my new married way. My immediate department presented me with a very generous visa gift card for Groomzilla and I to enjoy on our honeymoon, and that I know we surely will! :) I am also amazed at the generosity of other co-workers who have given me little gifts on the side, some people are just so thoughtful! I guess people are just genuinely happy for you and that makes me happy.

It felt great to be showered with love yet again but I'm still not getting used to the center of attention thing!

A couple shots from the party:

I had to wear yet another sash
Yummy Sorbet punch
Notice the wedding paper over the art work, we decided it looked better than the actual artwork itself!
The cake was Delicious
All guests had to sign the guest book
The Guestbook
This will stay in my cubie for awhile :)
Three showers down, one more to go... :)


I'd love to hear from you. Email questions, comments, or photos to blogzillabride@gmail.com

7 comments:

Laura said...

So much love! Enjoy!

Truly His said...

How exciting! Getting closer. You will always remember these times. :)

Allison said...

You shower looks like it was a total blast! And I love the signed picture!

Jemima Kickypants said...

I'm kinda jealous that so many friends and family members love you enough to throw you three showers! ;) I have those pants you're wearing! Sorry, I had to tell you, because it's exciting, pants.

Whitney Parks said...

Wow!! What nice women!

eliz said...

Wow tons of showers! Lucky girl! That was a very cute guest book

Saying I do said...

sheesh girl! 4 showers? Looks like so much fun!