We had
such a fun and fantastic weekend of action packed events.
Saturday we were up early and did some stuff around the house and then got ready for the Duck Race at the JW Marriott. We were so excited for this!! This was the cutest event EVER! It was a fundraiser for the Children’s Miracle Network and D was in charge of organizing and selling Ducks (tickets).
We watched 2,000+ ducks race down the lazy river and the top ten won some pretty amazing prizes. And guess what!!!?? One of BFF Kiki’s ducks won 4th place!! When we heard duck number 197 called out, both D and I looked at each other and D said that’s one of ours!! BFF Kiki won a 7 night stay at a Marriott Vacation Club worldwide!! So happy for her!!
Sunday I had planned to surprise D with a day trip to St. Augustine since we were not able to celebrate his birthday due to his Vegas trip the week before.
All week I was able to keep it a surprise through all of D’s constant badgering of where we were going, that is, up until we got in the car and I put the papers I had printed out into the car door console and Inspector Gadget and his Go-Go eyes saw it from the passenger seat
I have been to St. Augustine before but D has not. I love St. Augustine, I love how the minute you arrive you can feel the spirit of the city in the air. We walked around and saw the Castillo de San Marcos, some little shops and cute restaurant/pubs.
We stopped in at Scarlett O’Hara’s and started the day off with a few mimosas.
We then continued to bar hop and had a drink at the Mi Casa Café where some live music was playing
D had a blast and so did I. Jack was happy to see us too when got home J
Saturday we were up early and did some stuff around the house and then got ready for the Duck Race at the JW Marriott. We were so excited for this!! This was the cutest event EVER! It was a fundraiser for the Children’s Miracle Network and D was in charge of organizing and selling Ducks (tickets).
We watched 2,000+ ducks race down the lazy river and the top ten won some pretty amazing prizes. And guess what!!!?? One of BFF Kiki’s ducks won 4th place!! When we heard duck number 197 called out, both D and I looked at each other and D said that’s one of ours!! BFF Kiki won a 7 night stay at a Marriott Vacation Club worldwide!! So happy for her!!
All week I was able to keep it a surprise through all of D’s constant badgering of where we were going, that is, up until we got in the car and I put the papers I had printed out into the car door console and Inspector Gadget and his Go-Go eyes saw it from the passenger seat
I have been to St. Augustine before but D has not. I love St. Augustine, I love how the minute you arrive you can feel the spirit of the city in the air. We walked around and saw the Castillo de San Marcos, some little shops and cute restaurant/pubs.
We stopped in at Scarlett O’Hara’s and started the day off with a few mimosas.
We then continued to bar hop and had a drink at the Mi Casa Café where some live music was playing
We went and had lunch on the bay at the Mill Top Tavern
We stopped for amazing ice cream!
Ok they were enourmous ice creams! I had a scoop of red velvet and a scoop of chocolate chip cookie dough on a waffle cone. D had a plain vanilla cone..(boring?)
We found the Marriott Autograph Collection so we can stay the night next time we go
We ended the day at J.P. Henley’s, a bar that had like 1,000 beers on tap and D was happy because we got to sit at the bar and watch the beginning of the Eagles game.
We headed on our way home but not before we stopped and stocked up on sweet treats and candy for the ride home! YUM!
D had a blast and so did I. Jack was happy to see us too when got home J
I'd love to hear from you. Email questions, comments, or photos to blogzillabride@gmail.com











.jpg)
6 comments:
Thank you for posting this. What a great place and it looks like you both had a wonderful time. Congrats to Krista for being a winner of the duck race and to David for his hard work for such a good cause.
Best weekend ever!! Looks so fun. My kinda good time. ;)
Looks like a nice trip. Still cant believe Krista won!
That looks like an awesome day!! My hubby alllways just gets plain vanilla ice cream when i get these decadent amazing flavors..drives me crazy!!
Looks like you all had a great time and I love seeing all those little ducklings! That's a really neat idea.
love st. augustine!
Post a Comment