Thursday, September 6, 2012

Bucket List For a Year

I have always been a fairly goal oriented person and most of my goals have normally been short term goals.  There are so many things I want to do and see in life so I figure why not write them down?  It is often said that when you write something down, you are more likely to stick to it and hold yourself accountable.

I figured since I just turned 32, I could come up with 32 goals that I wanted to try to accomplish in my 32nd year of life.  Once I started typing, ideas came to mind all at once, yet once I hit the number 20 I almost hit a goal wall and had to use some Google searches to gather some more ideas.  But then once I hit 32, I just couldn’t stop!  

  1. Take a sewing class
  2. Buy a nice camera for my interest in amateur photography
  3. Travel to two new destinations I have not been before
  4. Visit my family in CT
  5. Make a baby
  6. Create Wedding photo books
  7. Complete 4th bedroom decorating (last room on the list!)
  8. Start blogging again
  9. Have a girls weekend with mom and sisters
  10. One DIY project a month (especially festive decorations)
  11. Begin exercising again
  12. Take a long bike ride
  13. Take a long hike or walk with hubby
  14. Do something fallish – apple picking/pumpkin patch/hay ride/corn maze
  15. Pay off student loans
  16. Refinish night stand and rocking chair
  17. Do something special for one year anniversary
  18. Do a St. Augustine haunted tour
  19. Start or join a book club
  20. Host a dinner party and use wedding china
  21. Go on a day trip to a place I have never been before with hubby
  22. Have a garage sale
  23. Figure out what to do with my wedding dress
  24. Identify 100 things that make me happy and write them down
  25. Send holiday cards
  26. Take more pictures
  27. Create website to house said pictures
  28. Date night with hubby once a month
  29. Complete Masters Degree
  30. Cook dinner twice a week
  31. Reach out to friends and family more often just to say hi.
  32. Make at least 2 fall DIY Decorations
  33. Make at least 2 Christmas DIY decorations
  34. Complete Fall Bucket list
Now I realize some of my goals may take a bit longer than a year to accomplish but at least they are down on paper and if I don’t complete some they can always be carried over to the following year.  Once my goal list was complete, I have to admit a small overwhelming feeling hit telling me that there just isn’t enough time, where will I find all the time to complete these?!  Deep breaths, I have a whole year!


What are some of your short term goals for this year?  Have you written them down? Completed any yet?


I am off to Boston tomorrow for a gals weekend with some of my favorite gals in the world.  Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

I'd love to hear from you. Email questions, comments, or photos to blogzillabride@gmail.com

6 comments:

April Rowell said...

First of all thank you for my wonderful blog comment :)
It definitely feels good to get noticed in public ;) Second, I love your goal list. So many things to accomplish this year for you. My wedding anniversary is December 15th so on the 15th of every month my husband and I celebrate it by going to dinner or even just ordering pizza. Anything to spend some time together on that day. And good luck on making that baby ;)

Unknown said...

love the goal list! you've got some really great ones :)

Whitney Parks said...

I like number 5!!

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

love all of these! there is nothing like setting new goals :)

Mary Ellen said...

Gee, that is one long bucket list. Good for you for writing it all down. Love you, mom

Mary Ellen said...

Oh and I forgot, number 5 made me lose my breath. :)