Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Bandzilla on the Loose

Groomzilla and I finally went to view our first band. We were both very excited for this night to finally arrive. We sat in the corner of the bar each with a beer and listened to the band play. After their first set was complete I went up to the lead singer and introduced myself and said where I had found them and that we came out to hear them play for our wedding next March. He was extremely nice and introduced me to the rest of the band, and then continued to come up to us during each of their breaks to talk to us and find out more about our wedding and who we were as people.

They are a small band of only three but both Groomzilla and I agreed that they were great and definitely have potential to be our wedding band. You can check them out here. The audio on the site is not all that good but they sound better in person. We do have two more gigs that we are scheduled to attend so I am hoping after we see the last two that we will be ready to make our final decision.

Uncle Jr-Cover Band

The band from Saturday night did say they only book as early as 6 months out which was a little disappointing to me, I want to have the band booked and that item crossed off my to do list as soon as possible. If you remember correctly I had trouble with this way back when as well. I do however completely understand that they all work full time jobs which requires them to travel and so the band is probably not their number one priority.

Has anyone else experienced push back from vendors not able to commit so far in advance?

P.S. Sitting watching the band I remembered that I had forgotten my camera, and to top it off, for some reason my phone picked that night not to work and of course Groomzilla couldn't find his before we left the house, so again no pictures of our night. I promise I will get this picture thing down eventually!



I'd love to hear from you. Email questions, comments, or photos to blogzillabride@gmail.com

1 comment:

sandytoesbride said...

I understand that the bandzilla group doesn't book more than 6 months out - but that makes me nervous. What happens if the band goes south while you wait? It could be hard to get another band. GOOD LUCK!!!
The camera thing will work itself out eventually. :-)